Long time no post, check out my latest project - Them Crooked Vultures

skuthepoo

Hi everybody, im not new here, ive just had a little holiday from the site. just finished a mix for my latest video to go on youtube. I do covers with my brother and our alias is ThunderTheCovers. dont know if anyones seen us yet, but anyway we have done a cover of Them Crooked Vultures 'Scumbag Blues' and i just thought i'd get your opinions on here. everything was tracked in 1 take, absolutely NO editing (just cutting silences, no time shifting or note correction or anything). our USP is that we track each item from start to end in one take. multitracked of course, as there are only 2 of us, but you get the picture. We film each take too so you can see it all happening in real time. some of our other videos can be found here: Thunder The Covers - YouTube. there's not many videos up yet, but you get the gist.

anyway here it is, hope you like it.

Attachments

• TTC 006 - Scumbag Blues MP3.mp3
    6.1 MB · Views: 7
Nice, I love Them Crooked Vultures..

That's a different idea for recording, the whole 1 take thing. Cool idea.

I liked the recording. What are you playing through guitar-wise?

guitar wise I was playing an LTD Phoenix guitar into a line6 m13 pedalboard stompbox into my Marshall JVM410c amp and extra 2x12 cab. used channel 3 on the amp on fairly low gain (might be orange mode) with the tube screamer stomp selected on the m13. in hind sight, ive noticed the Phoenix will really scream more intensely (for the solos) if you roll off the bridge pickup volume and switch the selector to the middle. that would have made the solos more screamy, but im pleased with the result. the video will be going up later this week i imagine, so ill point you towards it.

Back