Logitech Z680: 2 damaged channels

dudlew

Hey all

Is a Logitech Z680 set with two blown channels worth $50?? I would like to use them just for rough work and just to carry me through before I get a set of Wharfedale Diamond Pro 8.2 actives from Deepwater or some Samson Resolv (50a or 65a).

Is it worth it?

The two channels that are blown are the front left and right, but I tried it out and in direct 6 channel sound the rears can be used as fronts.

So a cheap 2.1 computer speaker system to use to bide me through or just save up the extra dough and go straight for the Monitors??

Thanks

D

I have these speakers and none of mine are blown. If you run the speakers in the setting "stereo x2" all it does is play like normal stereo, but instead of a left and a right, you have 2 lefts and 2 rights. I'd suggest running it like that and moving your rear speakers to the front position. They are decent speakers, but they were not created for mixing on. They were created to make your DVD's sound hott! I've been mixing on mine, but I am about to get a pair of Wharfie's in the next few weeks. For 50 bucks its probably not a bad snag if you really need something to mix on. These are very colored though, so do not call the mix finished until you have played it on many many different stereos, cars, and whatnot. peace

Back