Logic Installation - Common Issue??

ebitda

Hi,

I'm trying to install Logic Audio & following instructions to the letter. I've a clean system & therefore did not expect any issues - after all it's meant to work first time ...isn't it!?!

All goes well until....A short way into installation I'm informed that 'there are newer files already installed & therefore logic installation will not over-right older files. Ok that's great, but I can't proceed, even to choose to install the so-called older files from the logic disk. Worse there is no details of what these 'older files' are. No way to proceed. Can't install the package and don't know why/what files are 'older'. Thing is I've not actually installed very much at all - driver for MT4 and MOTU828. I'm running Mac OS 10.2.6.

Has anybody got any suggestions as to what files might be causing this installation blockage or how I can override the issue or figure out which files that are on my system are causing the problem in the first place. Why is nothing easy!!!!!

Rgds

Carl

Im not real good with Mac Systems but what version of Logic are you using ? I cant see what files it would be reffering to if you hav'nt tried to install logic once already prior to this installation. It should indicate what files specifically are newer.

Back