Logic Forum

zip

This might be tough to pull off but I have seen it done on other boards...it WILL take a bit of discipline on our parts to make it work.

Here's my idea. Since they wouldn't give us a forum THIS THREAD will be our forum. To make it work we will have to NUMBER ALL QUESTIONS and CORRESPONDING RESPONSES...

Try not to clutter up the thread with BS. Keep it as much as possible to questions and answers.

So...who will start with question #1???

zip >>

Sorry, but you keep leaving yourself wide open and i can't resist....:D

Anyways... Good Idea on creating your own forum!;)

Damn! I just posted a Logic tip and didn't see this thread 'till after I posted. I tried to edit the subject line but it didn't showup on the main menu.

ap...

Cut and paste it over here!

Highlight it >> press control C >> add reply here >> Hit control V

Label it as Logic tip #1.

zip >>

There's no Pro Tools forum either, but... both emagic and digidesign have really full featured forums at their site. So what's the problem?

charger said:
There's no Pro Tools forum either, but... both emagic and digidesign have really full featured forums at their site. So what's the problem?

Well, If I were asked... And I wasn't... BUT...... I think this is a wonderful expression of community, and Devotion to HR.COM

STAY HERE!;)

Yeah, but...

They're not going to add a Logic or Pro Tools forum here. IMO, these programs are not considered "home recording" enough for this site. In addition, I think there is a lot of bias towards Logic and Pro Tools around here... well, especially Pro Tools. I don't think that going to a different site to visit the forums is in any way treason, but this site has its limitations.

Try asking a Pro Tools question here, and you may get five responses, and four of them will be people flaming it. Ask the same question at duc.digidesign.com, and you will get a lot of very helpful responses. There are close to 200,000 posts there from people who actively use Pro Tools, and there are probably five people here who use it, so I think pretending that this site can do it all is ignorant.

Tha same probably goes for Logic, I know they have a very active user community at places like http://community.sonikmatter.com/cgi-bin/emagic/ultimatebb.cgi
and
http://www.audioforums.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=13&SUBMIT=Go

You guys...

Go banter about it in another thread!! ;)

This shit has been visited and revisited and this is at least an attempt towards the 130 or so people who indicated they want to talk about logic...

And Charger...FYI... I post on both those. They are helpful but not near the level of help I find here...

zip >>

Logic Forum moderator... ;)

Re: You guys...

zip said:
Go banter about it in another thread!! ;)

This shit has been visited and revisited and this is at least an attempt towards the 130 or so people who indicated they want to talk about logic...

And Charger...FYI... I post on both those. They are helpful but not near the level of help I find here...

zip >>

Logic Forum moderator... ;)

Sorry Zip, I was just kidding around, and as my last post clearly states, I support you with this logic forum... It wasn't my intention to "banter", I was just trying the keep it all in this awesome chat community :D

zip, what are you suggesting, put all the Q&A in one thread? Would you wait 'till everyone is satisfied with each question before moving on to the next? Or would you have a bunch of posts flying around in random order referring to numbers?

I thought you meant put the number and "Logic" in the thread title. That way you could search 'thread titles only' in this forum only that say "Logic environment setup" or "Logic plugins" etc. Come to think of it, why do we need numbers anyway?

No prob Vox...i appreciate the support. :D

ap...

What I have seen in the past is to keep the questions in one thread but with 130 posters you are correct. It could get ugly fast. My initial thought was to use the numbers to track what answer goes with what question. Like I said I've done it before but not with so many folks...

So - are you thinking about starting 4 or 5 differently named threads (Logic environment, plugins, application questions, etc..) so things would be spread out a little more? If so that sounds like a good idea!

I think you would still need a "system" to connect questions and answers...

Thoughts?? Maybe we use this thread to generate ideas then either vote via poll of just go with it...

zip >>

I was thinking:

Post whatever question you have in the subject line of the thread, only make sure you include "Logic." That way, when you did a search, you'd have all these threads in front of you like a virtual Logic forum. If everyone is specific in the question line, instead of something like "Help me get Logic working", the categories of different questions would take care of itself.

1. "Can someone give me a Logic environment for JV-1010?"
  2. "How do you get JV-1010 patch names into Logic,"
  3. "Changes in Logic Arrange window don't show in Audio Environment"[/list=1]

All these questions would show in searches for "Logic," 1 & 2 for "Logic AND JV-1010", and 1&3 for "Logic AND environment"

If you use searches correctly, it'd be like a virtual BBS with different forums for each category. The categories(forums) would even be cross-linked.

You do this everytime you search, just maybe don't think about it this way. Search "fender" in the guitar forum, and the results aren't much different than if there actually were a fender forum. Other than having to search, and having to rely on everyone keeping the correct term in the subject line- for example, "what's a good bolt-on neck guitar?", would lead to some good discussions that wouldn't show in your search- it wouldn't be different at all.

Of course you could specify 'search entire message' in your search. This usually sucks though because you can't easily see if a thread has exactly what you're looking for.

I LIKE that idea ap!!

I had one other "somewhat underhanded idea"...

We tell everyone to put all Logic posts in one of the forums that just sit...like the Event forum.

We just take the damn thing over. It really wouldn't matter what the forum title is...

...we would all know where the Logic resides.... :D

Geesh...I hope Dragon doesn't read this... ;)

I wouldn't worry about Dragon....

If anything he's probably glad to see you keeping the business here....:)

Yeah....???

I'm sure as hell trying...

...almost as much as he is trying to keep the traffic away...;)

Oops! Sorry, I think i'm in the wrong place. I thought this was the new Vocal Forum. Don't mind me; i'll just be moving right along. :D

t

Back