Logic controls with Duet?

Kerose

i've read i think a couple times that the duet does not have separate output controls, so the headphones and your monitors are gonna be linked in volume, this sounds impossible for such a piece of equipment, makes it only possible to track vocals or anything with your mic if you actually turn your monitors off, then when you go to playback, you have to turn them back on??? Please tell me this guy was retarded, I'm using Logic Pro, haven't yet bought the Duet, this is a dealbreaker for me, and hows the controls altogether in Logic of the Duet? Thanks

However, there is a setup option for the Duet that allows you to customize the muting options. I have mine set up so that when I press mute (which is just pressing the center button and holding it for a few moments), it mutes only the monitor output and the headphones are unaffected.

So, no walking around to turn off your monitors... just proper setup to allow you to mute the monitors without muting the headphones.

---
Edit: You are correct, however, in assuming the headphones and monitor feed get the same volume knob. It's just the mute functions that can be seperated.

okay that makes sense, i don't really mind if my headphones are playing at pretty much all times if they are connected, they don't bleed or anything, can't really hear them even if tehy are turned up real loud, although i think that they could have managed better volume controls, there's no mix between the software and the hardware, such as i can do with the FastTrack Pro, I guess i will see how all this works with Logic, have't really seen input monitoring and software monitoring in Logic come to any use yet, perhaps this will be where it makes a difference, well then i am still shooting for the Duet i guess,thanks

True, complete independent control (even if managed in the software) would be nice, but it's never seemed to be an issue in actual use. Nothing against the FastTrack - it's a nice box - but it's not really in the same league as the Apogee. Completely different preamp and converter experience.

I went ahead and snapped a couple of screenshots so you could see the Maestro software up and running right next to the Apogee Control Panel that is embedded into Logic. Maestro's on the left, with the Logic panel on the right:
web.jpg

And here's a view of the more advanced controls in Maestro... aside from Midi control messages, it's really no different from the parameters that are right on the Logic panel:
web.jpg

Back