Local Luthier

Where you at in IL.??

What are you looking to have done?

If you are close to the St.Louis area, I know of a few good places...

J. Gravity Strings - Jimmy is very good, and has cut me quite a few "package" deals in the past - Like refret, new nut, rewire....all together for a lower price than their "posted" prices.

Goez Stringed instrument repair - Skip and Dan have been working on some of my Axes for over 10 years! They are a bit further out, and more expensive, but do good work. They used to have a deal where you paid for an initial set up, and then you got free rechecks for LIFE.......that's part of the reason that I keep going back there........it's free. :)

Eddie's Guitars - Kind of a high end shop, but they do have the "good" stuff - Tom Anderson, and the like...

I pretty much do all of my own stuff any more, unless it starts to get into fret or finish work......I don't have all of the tools for that yet.

After hanging out at the above listed shops and some of them actually letting me "learn" from them..plus all the books and info that I've studied over the past 25 years, I pretty much do all adjustments and wiring for my guitars and my buddies a like.

Rick

Back