lo-fi anti-pop pop song

All you gotta do at mp3.com is enter a fictional name and a fictional e-mail address and you're on to the tunes (I'm partial to "fuckthissite@fuckthissite.com").

I like this song. As is the case with nearly every song I hear on this board I want the vox louder and the drums quieter. But otherwise this has a cool, narcotic lo-fi vibe to it.

I'd definitely turn those "cymbols" down a bunch.

Dig the song - now lemme hear what you're saying!

Chris

Weird feel to this one. The backwards stuff was ok I suppose. A decent song.

Some syncing issues with the vocals. Some pitchiness with them as well.

A somewhat muddy mix. Kind of heavy on the low-mids and lacked high-mids and highs.

Two pops near the end - 2:17-2:18 or so.

interesting tune.. was that a real theremin? pretty cool.. I liked the individual parts but some of them clashed with the melody and didn't work as well for me.. agree with Trip about the low mids and lack of crispness.. the acoustic sounds a bit boomy.. unique tune!

I will download this and listen because B.SABBATH seems to think there is a real theremin in this ... :D

I know a violinist programmer who is working on a patch for Alesis that makes a violin sound just like a theremin.

B.SABBATH ... is there a patch for guitar ...

47ronin, tell us about how you got that, or I will throw your cat into the transport and beam them into a dog's body :D

that "theremin" is a cheap fernades guitar with the sustainer thing...its kind of like a built in ebow. if youve got some spare change i definitely reccomend getting one of those just to make weird noises. thats basically all is use it for. i recorded into cubase but basically super ghetto style other than that. put some of the weird delay and reverb on it. some of the weirder sounding lines, or maybe most of them, i completely reversed the entire file in cubase, so its playing backwards. i made no attempt to actually plan for how it would sound but it came out kind of fitting in a bizarre way...i made no attempt to really make this song sound hifi because i mostly just do kind of dj shadow style sample based music and i dont really play or sing too well. i think my next track ill try to use that guitar again on a real track.

so in short, no i dont have a real theremin, although i would love to have one!

47ronin

For the purposes of this board, from now on, out of respect for me and B.SABBATH, we will now call it the 'Theremin ... coo' dode ? :D !

Of course, your vocal is good, and we want to hear it, don't cheat us on your vocal please.

Remix and repost as soon as you get a chance please.

I wanna hear the peaceful nice words to ...

I guess I'm hearing backwards stuff ... I dunno, somethin' like sounds like violin ... oh ... that's the THEREMIN ! ahhh ha :D

A conversation between the THEREMIN and the violin or viola is in order don't cha think !!!

Nice good guitar.

HEY ! you don't want no VIOLINS ... that's an INSULT !!!

see now I'm trying to give you an example of how you can be misunderstood if ya don't mix those vocals up outta door numbah 3.

I know ya said violence ... at least I hope ya did !

This is like ... space hawaii kinda ... I don't know why, but I'm thinking a touch of island groove , one of the guitars sounds like a nylon string right ? got a uke sound ...

Thanks for sharing, super cool stuff.

Back