Livestream volume low with iPad

derekp

So I recently tried livestreaming to YouTube via my iPad, and while I loved the ease by which it was done, the volume was low. When I played the guitar about two ft away it worked, but my monitors, maybe 6 ft away we’re muffled with my DAW sounds coming thru. Anyone have experience with this? My next move will be to cut the distance in half, but was wondering if there were other options. I was surprised because my homie, who plays bass, records with his iPhone and gets amazing sound and volume.

I can't help you much with iOS. I use OBS on a PC, and that allows me to insert audio processing plugins to get good volume without clipping.

If you're going straight to your streaming serv, there probably isn't anything you can do in software, unless your mic level is turned down.

If you're going straight to your streaming serv, there probably isn't anything you can do in software, unless your mic level is turned down.
Good point. I did think about looking into a software or middle man to send out the stream. In that way it would be like OBS where I could simply use an amplify effect to bring up the input.

Good point. I did think about looking into a software or middle man to send out the stream. In that way it would be like OBS where I could simply use an amplify effect to bring up the input.
Perhaps running your mics and gear through a USB mixer into the ipad. I videotape into my iPhone (live recordings but not streaming) with a behringer usb mixer and I can get a pretty hot output and it's stereo into the iPhone which was my main desire.

Merry Christmas!

Perhaps running your mics and gear through a USB mixer into the ipad. I videotape into my iPhone (live recordings but not streaming) with a behringer usb mixer and I can get a pretty hot output and it's stereo into the iPhone which was my main desire.

Merry Christmas!

Appreciate the suggestion. It would work, but then, that would defeat the purpose of keeping it simple. I can do this through my desktop already, just feel it would be real convenient to just press play on the iPad.

Back