Live setup with Firepod! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuoToneBand

Hey. I am playing at a party with my band in about a month and i am head of all the sound. We are not going to need a full PA setup because both guitarists have half stacks (Dr. Z Perscription and Marshall mk2) and the bassist has a 2x12 agular setup with a nice QSC poweramp. My problem is this. We need to amplify the vocals and maybe a little snare. We are planning on recording everything into my firepod and using my moms ibook g4. My bassist and i would also like to run our IEM's but we do not need our own mixes. My dad has 2 Laney Lineback Pro guitar amps that he said I could use. Should i dedicate a output of only vocals and snare and send it to the 2 laney amps for vocals? I dont want to spend any extra money. Would that work. For the IEM mix, i am going to run the headphone out to the headphone amp, so that aint a problem. PLEASE HELP!

My advice - give up on the firepod idea. If you want to record it, do it in the simplest way by using two mics - or one stereo mic - and tracking just what the party guests are hearing in the room. That will give you a MUCH better result than turning sommersaults trying to get everything patched into the firepod for multitracking and attempted mixdown later.

My plan will also let you relax and concentrate on playing your best...

that wont really work! The vocals need to be amplified! I am using the firepod, but i am just asking for sugestions on the setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back