Listen to my song "A Little Bit"

FKHUL

It's pretty simple, some guitar (looped cuz I can't play it), some percussion, pretty simple words, but is one of my favorite songs of mine. Let me know if you like it. I wanted to add some piano but can't play that either and don't know anyone who does. Let me know what you think. I've uploaded clips of me singing acapella remakes before and thought it was time for someone to hear original music of mine. I'm uploading it to yousendit.com because I don't have a website yet. Let me know if I need to upload it anywhere else. Comments and suggestions are very welcome! Enjoy!

Jeremy

Here's the song:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=48F919DA58CB81DA

Last edited:
First of all I would try to get rid of those fretting noises or at least soften them. I think they can somehow embellish an acoustic guitar track, but this is imo too much/annoying.
That crash in the beginning seemd out of place too.
Occasionnaly you sing a bit out of tune (like around 2:59-3:00)... but hey, for what's it worth, I probably couldn't do it better myself.
But then ... I got to 3:28 and all hell broke loose. Gotta tell you, those are some messed up harmonies. Out of sync, out of tune, not good at all.

But I think it can become quite a nice song if you fix the vox and harmonies issues. (maybe adding bass guitar?)

Hey, not a bad job. About the piano/guitar, you can always set out to learn if you have the drive! :)

But like S.Clause said, you just need to work on the pitch of your voice. He's not trying to be rude or anything. He's being honest.. you were off tune in many parts of the song, especially towards the end at 3:25.

You just need to work on that, and this would be an awesome song if you could get it down.

Yep, that's what I thought. The track is pretty rough, and yeah, my harmonies are really bad. I'm not the greatest at figuring them out, is there a way to figure out harmonies? The pitch issues are something I've noticed since I recorded the track a couple of weeks ago. I lost my voice shortly after and still haven't gotten it back so I can't record until I can actually sing again. And I'm gonna work on the looped guitar track, I've already removed quite a bit of it where you could tell it starts over again, but I guess I need to do more. Thanks for listening, when I get an improved product (after rerecording, more splicing, some more cutting, etc.) then I'll repost the song and see what everyone thinks. Thanks for listening!

Jeremy

Oh, and I probably should've listened to the whole track before I posted it. Found out that the last chorus actually has about 3 different vocal tracks which I didn't want to be there, I thought I had gotten rid of them, but I guess I didn't. That's why the harmonies sound terrible. Thanks for pointing that out.

Jeremy

Here's a repost with those ridiculous vocals taken out at the end:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=48F919DA58CB81DA

FKHUL said:
Yep, that's what I thought. The track is pretty rough, and yeah, my harmonies are really bad. I'm not the greatest at figuring them out, is there a way to figure out harmonies? The pitch issues are something I've noticed since I recorded the track a couple of weeks ago. I lost my voice shortly after and still haven't gotten it back so I can't record until I can actually sing again. And I'm gonna work on the looped guitar track, I've already removed quite a bit of it where you could tell it starts over again, but I guess I need to do more. Thanks for listening, when I get an improved product (after rerecording, more splicing, some more cutting, etc.) then I'll repost the song and see what everyone thinks. Thanks for listening!

Jeremy

Hey, good luck on redoing it! Can't wait to hear the final version. I think you have a good voice, stylish. There's potential. Just a matter of getting in tune. :cool:

FKHUL said:

Jeremy
Well for harmonies try playing the notes you sing a perfect 5th or major 3rd higher/lower and try singing them as you play them on an instrument. There will certainly be more soffisticated ways to create harmonies, but perf. 5th and major(minor) 3rd harmonies is a good place to start. Maybe someone else will be able to give some tips on them.

I'm looking forward on hearing the new version.

Good luck

Ok ! good song but ...
fret noise are anoying and the vocal harmony at the end are weird...

but the keep up the good work ;)

Thanks for everyone's responses! I will be redoing the whole track for the most part, and will repost it when I'm finished. It will be a while though since my voice is not there. Thanks!

Jeremy

Back