Linear Phase 8812's

djc

Why so serious?
Anybody know anything about these "Studio monitors"?

My wife bought a brand new pair from a guy for $100.00
She sold one to an employee not knowing that you need two for stereo (she's a technical retard). He wants it for his car which he doesn't have yet. Anyway, I talked her into getting the other one back. I plan on sneaking them out into my room one of these days.

No djc I never even heard of them, but sounds like you got a good deal.

Yeah, I think so. They have a 12" toofer and a big horn weeter.
And sound great!

Are they 3 way and covered with fuzzy material? Their name is a rip off of Phase Linear who actually do make high end stuff. I think I had the same pair of those a few years ago. They are one of the speakers that guys sell out of vans with some type of long story about being overstocked and they can sell them for under cost etc.

As I recall they weren't bad but I'm not sure about their worth as as a real monitor system. They were pretty nice for inexpensive stereo speakers.

That's them. I think she bought them from that same guy. They sound pretty good.

I really liked the pair I had. My house was robbed and they stole the speakers and a boom box. The dumbasses left behind my keyboard, rack and mac powerbook, lol.

Anybody know anything about these "Studio monitors"?

My wife bought a brand new pair from a guy for $100.00
She sold one to an employee not knowing that you need two for stereo (she's a technical retard). He wants it for his car which he doesn't have yet. Anyway, I talked her into getting the other one back. I plan on sneaking them out into my room one of these days.

I have a pair and use them as front of house for a PA. I have seen them actually uses in small recording studios as monitors. they have a great sound, and pump like the dickens. If i could afford better i would get better, but these 3 ways are great and do the job nicely

Back