Linear Inflation - new electronic piece

Electronica - not my bag, baby...but i'll give it a go

listening as I type:

1. cool arpeggio at the beginning...cool harmonies.
2. ok, i'm waiting for this to go somewhere...build up and trance/rock out or something...
3. nice effect with panning...
4. I'd like to hear something on the 2 and 4...fat snare or industrial sounding metallic snare (might fit better with the style)
5. i'm lost...

ok that's the best I could do. ;) To me, it felt like one great big intro...just waiting to take off and just grind out! ( i have no idea what that means...but i just got back from jogging, and i'm tired) Maybe I hear it building up to kicking on all 4 beats with the snare coming in and moving the piece along...but...that's just me. Overall mix is very good...cool sounds.

Cholo

The song mix quality and composition sound top notch.

Cool buildup. The part around 2:14 - 2:37 is pretty cool. Must have taken quite an imagination to put that together. Really dig-able.

Around 3:03 would like to hear full on beat kick in. With hats and snare if possible. I realize hard core trance people don't consider snare true trance but I think trance has come a long way. :) Snare are common place these day and rarely under debate.

The Bass is pretty cool and bass line weaved thru the song is done nicely.

Chopping part around 5:30 might make it hard to dance to it and keep the beat, so may not be preferred by all listeners.

5. i'm lost...

heh :D

Guessing you haven't listened to much IDM/glitch music! Thanks for taking the time to listen to something out of your norm though.
2. ok, i'm waiting for this to go somewhere...build up and trance/rock out or something...
4. I'd like to hear something on the 2 and 4...fat snare or industrial sounding metallic snare (might fit better with the style)
Around 3:03 would like to hear full on beat kick in. With hats and snare if possible.

I dabbled around with a snare while writing, I just didn't think it fitted too well, apart from the bass/glitch bit before the big breakdown. So the main kinda sharp electronic sound/loop is the stand in snare type sound.

I realize hard core trance people don't consider snare true trance but I think trance has come a long way. Snare are common place these day and rarely under debate.
Chopping part around 5:30 might make it hard to dance to it and keep the beat, so may not be preferred by all listeners.

This is more an IDM approach than a dance floor type thing, Im generally not keen on the more dance floor orientated electronica stuff.
Probably cause i dont dance:D

Thanks for listening guys.

Back