Line6's new POD XT, amazing.....

Crap!

Checked out the XT, Way cool. What bites though is that I just bought my POD 2.0 about 4 months ago. I was a snob for a long time refusing to accept the whole Modeling thing. Then I decided to get one just as a practice tool. Since I have two kids who go to bed at about 9 o'clock, and all my music happens after that time, the pod was the best thing I ever purchased. Now there is no way to justify getting the new one. I will just wait and get it a couple of months before another new one comes out. LOL

Later
brian

Re: Crap!

SixStringBlues said:
Checked out the XT, Way cool. What bites though is that I just bought my POD 2.0 about 4 months ago. I was a snob for a long time refusing to accept the whole Modeling thing. Then I decided to get one just as a practice tool. Since I have two kids who go to bed at about 9 o'clock, and all my music happens after that time, the pod was the best thing I ever purchased. Now there is no way to justify getting the new one. I will just wait and get it a couple of months before another new one comes out. LOL

No doubt. I've been considering one, if only because I'm a gear whore. I didn't buy last summer during the rebate, so I wanted the price to come down again. I kinda got lucky. Now I may pay full price if the XT sounds good enough.

With most technology:

1. you buy now and pay full price or get technology that will be outdated,

or

2. you wait for the price of new technology to drop

In the second case, you will never buy because by the time the price drops, the new technology will be outdated.

Hopefully you got yours for the $249 price.

Where are all the Pod haters now?

Come out, come out where ever your are!!!

This is pretty much all the features from the Vetta I wanted. I need it, and I'm selling gear to get it. I tried for a long time to convince my wife that I needed the Vetta, I even went as far as to demo it in the guitar shop for an hour for her. But basically I just wanted to use it as a POD, without the speakers... I was going to get the head... But she was not buying my sob story at $1500. This POD XT has a most of the things I love about the Vetta, including the outstanding Chemical X amp model, a line 6 original that has become my favorite tone... The only major thing missing is the dual amp feature, which is pretty killer...

Finally multiple effects, and a good selection of them, 24 bit converters, 32 bit floating processor, and the ability to intuitively edit everything from the front panel. I think i just died and went to gear heaven. 400 bux is cheap... imagine how much you would pay just for the cheapest pedals that did the 40 or 50 effects alone that this thing has. Then add in the amp modeling, mic models and mic placements... This is killing me.

It sucks though, because, I just bought my 2.0 a few months back and now I want this one BAD!!! The think I like about Line 6 is that you can usually upgrade their stuff. Not in this case!!! This thing is way cool, anybody know what it will list for??

Back