Line 6 POD XT Pro or Behringer V-Amp Pro?

Bahrain_Phill

I am trying to find a good pre-amp for my guitars and/or general purpose. I have never used a pre-amp before other than the one's installed on my acoustic/electrics and a small external one for new piezio pickups. When running searches, these two popped up. I have a few questions.
1) Are these actually pre-amps? Or are they multi-effects? Because they are sold as pre-amps. but appear to be multi-effects.
2) Is the Line 6 version worth the extra 300$?
3) Are there other pre-amps I should be looking at instead? I will mainly be using it with guitars/bass and the occational keyboard.
Any suggestions? thanks
-Phill

They really shouldn't be considered preamps. They are really digital amp modelers that also happen to bring your inputs to a line level. It sounds to me like this is not really what you would be looking for. However, if you feel the need to get a digital amp modeler than I would suggest the Line 6. It sounds MUCH better to me than the Behringer.

Before anyone comments saying that this is a anti-Behringer post, it is. However, it is based on actual experience and subjective opinion, and not on all the other things that I really dislike about Behringer as a whole.

Pod Xt Pro - I have one..........it just rocks. OK? do just go buy one. now! lol.

I've never used the beringer one so i can't comment but the POD is a great tool.

Yeah, I have been reading more and I do not need that. I have an amp/speaker simulator already. But I want the tube warmth my Fender 75 gives, at the same time, want flexibility (I do not want to spend hundreds on a piece I cant use very often). I came up with ART TPSII. Are you all familiar with it? If so, what are your thoughts? Thanks for all your help.

Back