Line 6 Guitar Port

I used this very briefly, it was not what i was looking for. Does anyone know or have any opinions
What are/were you looking for? :confused:
Does anyone know what? :eek:
Everyone here has opinions... trust me on that. ;)
My opinion is that your post made no sense. :D

bo.monro said:
I used this very briefly...

It's difficult to explore the tonal options available in a modeller without putting a lot of time into it.

a lot of people hate the line6 stuff and other modelers because it's not real. and that's a valid point.
that being said.
after a day of working with my guitarpoort downloading patches, making adjustments, and saving some settings.... I love it!
As far as home recordings and demos, it's great. I get compliments on the guitsar tones on my records all the time.
But you have to put as much time into it as though you were setting up your amp, adjusting the knobs, positioning it in a room, selecting a mic, and adjusting mic placement. all of which you can emulate with the guitar port.

also for the price it's a pretty fun practice/headphone amp.

I'm interested in guitar modeling. I play acoustic, and record live. This makes for some inevitable bleed when I record with two or more mikes. I like the idea of avoiding bleed and also freeing me up a little physically when I record.

How does the line 6 sound. Any other modelers to reccommend? I'm interested in that old-time country/martin dreadnought sound

Thanks.

Back