Lil' Red Riding Hood

Roktuk

God Bless The Apocalypse
Wrote the guitar envisioning a jazzy kind of thing. But what the hell do I know about jazz. Nothing, so it is what it is. There's no lyrics, when i was done couldn't seem to name it anything else. This is the best job I've done mixing and mastering. So shoot er down! Download if you got the time. It's only 2.5 mb. http://www.mp3.com/Roktuk

Sounded great...the change at about 1:42 was unexpected....drums nicely done....I wasn't crazy about the keyboard sounds in the background, or at the end either, though....in the background, it cluttered the mix for me, just my opinion, and at the end, they just didn't have the same feel as the rest of the tune...clean sweet guitar playing.....gibs

it was very clean, and I liked the space around the instruments.

what was that instrument slightly on the left at the beginning . It did not seem to work too well with the rest of it.

Very well mixed imo

Thanks guys.

The keys are soundfonts. I was kind of torn between the string ensemble, which is what I used, and some kind of organ. The organ kind of made it more mellow than i think the drums would allow. I was trying to reconcile the mellow song with the rock drum kit. Thought the strings could be the bridge. I agree with you though, I should have made another choice.

Glad the drums are workin out. I hate to think bout how much time I spent hunting for samples that sound realistic.

Thanks again gibs, CJ. I appreciate the feedback.

The time spent on the drum samples was well worth it. I'd rather hear a naked stick click than the canned drum machine sounds I hear on a lot of stuff. Very well done, What did you use to program the drums?

I liked the strings, or at least the idea behind it. A better patch and mix and I think it would work fine. I dug it nonetheless.

Thanks Meshuggah. ALL THE BETTER TO EAT YOU WITH!!! Then poor wolfie gets shot. :(

Thanks pglewis. I use Guitar Pro to tab the drums. Export the midi, run the midi through WAVmaker. Guitar Pro is very cool, if you have use for tabbing midi. WAVmaker, long story short, had to figure it out from the error messages. Rather than buy additional software. Bastards!
Yeah, the idea of "strings" is what sold me. I'll have to hunt for some better sounds.

Thanks alot everyone. :)

Back