Light 'em up! With easlern and ibleedburgundy

It is a lot closer. Really good. I do think you should do a more serious keyboard part, as you say, and make it somewhat more prominent. Personally, I'm not really a fan of pads. If you're going with an organ, I think it would sound great with a real organ sound, like a Hammond or something. I also think the drums are still too dry, like they're not in the same space as the rest of the band. Those two things are really all I got. It sounds great, and the right keyboard part will put it over the top.

The only thing that sticks out to me is the sense that the snare is played quite lightly but pushed up in the mix and early on when it's two sticks at once it sounds like one is a nano second early.
The vocal is good but the phrasing around "Old rings and su.......ch They don’t count for very much" seems just a little odd, there's a little bit of extra sibilance on that last ch as well.
Other wise it's a very good piece of work.

Mix 7 sounds like a distinct improvement on the original.

I might nudge the BGVox down a little on the chorus. They dominate rather than complement the lead as they are now.

I love the sound of this and the groove is perfect, the only thing for me is theleft guitar seems low, I'm on headphones though so pinch of salt :)

Cheers

Thanks. That guitar was definitely too loud before, so I lowered it a lot. Trying to find the sweet spot.

Thanks. That guitar was definitely too loud before, so I lowered it a lot. Trying to find the sweet spot.

I think the problem with it is nothing to do with finding a sweet spot. It's just not a great sound. Search for a better sound and capture it. I would definitely re-track. Teles are notoriously cutting in the treble but they also have warmth in the low end.

The latest mix is sounding very good. Guitars are awesome. Bass and drums are two.

Vocal sounds terrific. I'm getting real picky, but it sounds slightly like it's in a different space from the instruments. It's a bit dryer. But that's real picky.

Then I think the snare could use just a bit more reverb.

But that's it for me. It's excellent.

Enjoyable song. I'm on headphones and am not able to comment on the mix, it all sounds good. But these are Bose headphones, everything sounds good.

Guitar work is really good. nice tones.

Thanks Nick. Great job on vocals! I've got one more mix to do on this one, with a little more EQ work on the lead vocal. Just taking a breather. Hearing anything that needs tweaking? Top priority is a piano part for the chorus. I composed something last night. Just need to rehearse and track it.

Mix 8 sounds really good. I listened a few days ago to an earlier mix, but didn't get chance to comment. There were a few tweaks I thought of on the earlier version, but all nicely resolved now. Performances are all great , mix is balanced and you all sound in the same space. Nice work fellas :)

I like the guitarwork, the arranging, good vocals. Cant comment on any mix specifics, cause I'm just listening on earbuds in my phone

sounds pretty good. It's really a matter of personal taste but I would like to hear more bottom end....it's a tad thin sounding to my ears. great song and performances! great arrangement too.
y'all done good.

Getting to this late in the game, but it sounds great so presumably any kinks have been ironed pout by now. Probably the best I've heard from you, Robus, and everyone's contributions are really solid. Great guitar work, fantastic song serving drums. Vocals sound great, everything in it's place. Can't think of much I'd change production-wise. Maybe a little more air and sparkle across the whole mix?

newest mix sounds great. again, some of the background vocals are a little off, but everything sounds awesome. this is your new standard then, huh? :guitar:

Thanks, I think the mixes are improving. I'll have a look at the background vocals when we get around to a final mix before mastering. There are a few guitar issues to address as well. We should have another song coming soon.

Back