Lift Your Eyes

Seemed a little too bassy at first, although the bass seemed to settle in as the song went on.

Nice voice, slightly reminds me of Queensryche at times.

The lead guitar seems a little dry, a hint of reverb or delay would sound nice on it.

You had a lot going on keyboard-wise at times, I'd need a few more listens to take it all in. Curious to see what others have to say about this one.

Chorus is catchy and sounds good.

The vocals got considerably better as the song went on. I'd retrack the first section or two. Some really interesting sounds going on here. It's pretty heavy even without a wall of guitars. I like those odd guitar sounds here and there. I'm good with the bass, I thought it was appropriate. I really like the first solo section, very cool sounds in there. I'd look at turning down some of the keyboard sections in the section after the first solo. Vocals in the second chorus seem pretty far back, though it's mostly just all the other instruments being plenty loud.

really cool, unique sound man. Haven't heard anything from you in awhile - nice to hear your stuff again.

Sounds like a real nice mix man, well recorded. I might try some pitch correction in the intro but once the vocal gets up higher it sounds great. Maybe try pushing back the fuzz guitar on the right just a bit. Really love the sound of the track, sounds very clean and rich to me.

Thank you all for the feedback. You confirmed a lot of what I suspected and you also turned my attention to some things I wasn't aware of.

I've been really occupied for a year period but I plan on doing more music-wise in the coming months andrushkiwt. Thanks for the reply. ?

Interesting arrangement and song. I agree with Andrushkiwt that the vocal gets dramatically better about midway through the song. It's like the singer took a happy pill. There are some timing issues in the rhythm tracks if you care about that kind of think.

Mixwise, I think you need to roll it back to the basic tracks and rebuild the mix from the bottom up. At every point in the song, there is some part that is sticking way out and dominating everything else. First its the bass, then later the guitars.

The biggest thing sticking out to me is that the left channel seems much more open and bright than the right. I think it's the clean vs. O/D guitars. They don't really balance each other.

Andrush mentioned a wall of guitars. I wonder if that would help level it out a bit? When the vocal jumps an octave at the first chorus, throw in some loud rhythm guitars to fill out the middle all around.

A lot of cool stuff going on here. I like the big, queen-esque production idea.

There's a lot going on in this one for sure. I don't hear any really bad problems. The bass and the vocal in the intro seem to have a common resonance (or resonant tone) to each one that clashes............making you wonder what's wrong with this sound? The bass and the vocal overlap with that tone and it stands out. That's why the vocal clears up as the song moves on.........that resonance is covered up. Also.....the vocal does seem to get lost in a few parts of the song. Could be intentional.........but doesn't feel that way. Other than that.......not my style but certainly a good job so far. Thanks for the listen!!

Your comments are greatly apprechiated. I think this will be a potentional new single, but I believe I will try another studio. Mixing isn't reaaally my thing since the performing bit is my passion.

Guess I should have mentioned that to begin with, but I might try to make this into an itunes song on my own one fine day. LoL. It's a bit far up and ahead though.

Ones again thank you all!

Funny side note: I have never heard of queen esque but I will check them out.

I think early on in the song, the melody is below the singer's range. Once it kicks in, the melody moves up into his range and he's comfortable.

The synths and the big-ish reverb on the snare give it an 80's feel.

I agree that there is a lot going on. And tracks are stepping on each other all over the place.

There is a lead guitar on there that I really like. Cool tone and tasteful playing.

Cymbals get a little swirly. Likely SoundCloud.

Back