Lifeboat

I enjoyed that. Has a nice 60's feel and sound. I really like the sound on your acoustic. The lead break in the middle sounds very good. Only a couple of things bugged me. . . the hard left pan on the wah guitar, and the backing vocals not quite in sync with the lead vocal in spots, though they seem to be on the mark when not paired with the lead.

A Ten Years After feel to the song - and then throw in a little early Heart - Unlike @spantini I didn't mind the left pan Wah - it was a little out of place because there is nothing to support it being there - the Background I agree with - need them sync'd - the lead is a little like CSN&Y - they use the rolled off tone a bunch of times -the only thing - are you not hearing the same in your left ear as right? - the mix is heavily left based - I put the mix in Mono and aside from some comb filtering it was a much improved mix - drums were 1/2 again as loud and the whole mix better focused.

I enjoyed that. Has a nice 60's feel and sound. I really like the sound on your acoustic. The lead break in the middle sounds very good. Only a couple of things bugged me. . . the hard left pan on the wah guitar, and the backing vocals not quite in sync with the lead vocal in spots, though they seem to be on the mark when not paired with the lead.
Thanks spantini, I think your pretty well spot on

A Ten Years After feel to the song - and then throw in a little early Heart - Unlike @spantini I didn't mind the left pan Wah - it was a little out of place because there is nothing to support it being there - the Background I agree with - need them sync'd - the lead is a little like CSN&Y - they use the rolled off tone a bunch of times -the only thing - are you not hearing the same in your left ear as right? - the mix is heavily left based - I put the mix in Mono and aside from some comb filtering it was a much improved mix - drums were 1/2 again as loud and the whole mix better focused.
You know it’s interesting that you can tell that my left ear doesn’t work as good as my right. That would explain the heavy mix on that side as I try and balance the sounds to my hearing abilities.

. . . the only thing - are you not hearing the same in your left ear as right? - the mix is heavily left based - I put the mix in Mono and aside from some comb filtering it was a much improved mix - drums were 1/2 again as loud and the whole mix better focused.
You know it’s interesting that you can tell that my left ear doesn’t work as good as my right. That would explain the heavy mix on that side as I try and balance the sounds to my hearing abilities.
I've got reduced hearing in my right ear from a childhood disease (ruptured eardrum), so I know that tune. It's not terrible, center mixes are just a tad bit to the left for me. Pressing lightly on my phones' right earcup pulls it in tight..

I've got reduced hearing in my right ear from a childhood disease (ruptured eardrum), so I know that tune. It's not terrible, center mixes are just a tad bit to the left for me. Pressing lightly on my phones' right earcup pulls it in tight..
I was gonna start asking about tips to help compensate for the problem. I usually position myself closer to the speaker on the left but I guess not close enough.

I was gonna start asking about tips to help compensate for the problem. I usually position myself closer to the speaker on the left but I guess not close enough.
Try an exercise of panning everything up the center, then move your head left until it sounds centered. Once you find where you need to be, you can go back to normal panning.

Back