Life`s a Bitch

Hey I've had days like that! Mind if I ask you to give me a breakdown on your bass guitar processing? I love that tone and just can't seem to find it in my own schtuff. Thanks!

glad you got a buzz Jake :) That bitchass speeding ticket cost me $406.25
I still have the job, wife, kids, and other junk though.
Wee bit of drama don`t hurt nuttin :)

7string, actually this is a HyperCanvas patch called fingerJ.bass. I ran it through a Waves processor called MaxxBass. It sounds a lot like my active Jazz thru an ART tube comp. I use it when I`m feeling a bit lazy. :)

Toki987 said:
7string, actually this is a HyperCanvas patch called fingerJ.bass. I ran it through a Waves processor called MaxxBass. It sounds a lot like my active Jazz thru an ART tube comp. I use it when I`m feeling a bit lazy. :)

I have the WAVES package but have never used MaxxBass since I'm still pretty new to all this. I'm not familiar with fingerJ.bass at all. How does it work? Sheesh, it sounds better than what I've got. In order to get the bass to sit in my mix and still sound half-way decent (see my new post - Am I Getting There?), I had to pretty much cut all the lows, half of the mids and most of the highs. But that's only to MY ears. Everybody else says different things about the mix. So right now I'm just confused and ready to start saving my money so I can send it to someone who really knows what they're doing. :(

7string said:
I have the WAVES package but have never used MaxxBass since I'm still pretty new to all this. I'm not familiar with fingerJ.bass at all. How does it work? Sheesh, it sounds better than what I've got. In order to get the bass to sit in my mix and still sound half-way decent (see my new post - Am I Getting There?), I had to pretty much cut all the lows, half of the mids and most of the highs. But that's only to MY ears. Everybody else says different things about the mix. So right now I'm just confused and ready to start saving my money so I can send it to someone who really knows what they're doing. :(

fingerJ.bass is a patch in a software synth called Hypercanvas. Pretty close to authentic sound and works if your in a hurry, on some stuff .
I`m not an engineer, just a picker that enjoy`s hacking around a little for grins, but I`l be happy to help you any way I can. I think the bass, kick, snare trio may be the the hardest section get squared away when recording, but are the foundation for a tune. I`ve picked up some great tips from some really sharp folks here (Track Rat, Pipeline, BlueB, and several more...) that know that little area like the back of their hand and how to make them work together like a little miniband. In your thread I posted a reply that might help you out some. Don`t give up, you can work it out yourself. :)

Toki987 said:
fingerJ.bass is a patch in a software synth called Hypercanvas. Pretty close to authentic sound and works if your in a hurry, on some stuff .
I`m not an engineer, just a picker that enjoy`s hacking around a little for grins, but I`l be happy to help you any way I can. I think the bass, kick, snare trio may be the the hardest section get squared away when recording, but are the foundation for a tune. I`ve picked up some great tips from some really sharp folks here (Track Rat, Pipeline, BlueB, and several more...) that know that little area like the back of their hand and how to make them work together like a little miniband. In your thread I posted a reply that might help you out some. Don`t give up, you can work it out yourself. :)

Thanks! And thanks for the words in the other thread. I'm learning!

Back