Life and Death

TAE

All you have is now
Damn today was a really sad day......I get a call from my daughter letting me know that one of my bro's from high school days posted on Facebook at midnight that he had lost his 20 year old son to the demons of drug addiction...He's left with a 2 year old grandson that he has been pretty much raising while hoping to get his son straightened out...just stinkin sucks..... Then I get the message this afternoon that my old neighbor who moved to Colorado was killed on his Harley yesterday..Cool cat was a drummer and computer geek. He and his wife were the epitome of bread n butter , a match made in heaven... Don't think I have ever known a couple that got along so well...truly in love with each other... Life is a never ending litany of happy sad and for all that I have to be happy and grateful for, today is a stinkin sad day...

There are many ways to deal with loss. One method, tell yourself that when someone dies, they go to paradise. It is effective.

not much happy in life either..so...smell the flowers while you can.

Reactions: TAE
Damn, man.. I'm sorry about your friends. I've got an old bandmate out in California who's in his 70's, has had several heart surgeries and is prepping for yet another valve replacement. Each day I expect "the call" from his wife. That'll be a sad day.

We lost his brother (yet another bandmate) about 15 years ago. He moved to Arizona, flipped his car into a roadside ditch and was trapped there for nearly a week surviving on trickles of rainwater until someone spotted him. He was permanently mangled and in so much pain - he took his own life less than a year later.

Doesn't anyone ever live happily ever after and die of old age any freakin' more?

Doesn't anyone ever live happily ever after and die of old age any freakin' more?
There are those rare fortunate ones that live to a ripe old age surrounded by loved ones and then peacefully go in their sleep. Maybe it was here that I saw it but I read it recently that there is no happily ever after when you stay married for a long time...because in the end ( most often ) one dies before the other and the one left behind is permanently in a sad state of mind with nothing left to live for.
When I was a kid we had some neighbors down the street. He was a cop and they had no kids. He was exceptionally cool to the kids on the block. It was very clear that he and his wife and that they adored each other...they had a nice life. Then he started feeling a little shitty so he went to the doctor and a few days later was told to come in to discuss their findings. This is pre cell phone days...He went in by himself and they told him he had terminal cancer and had less than a few months to live. He was shocked and distraught and called his wife from a payphone at the hospital to tell her the bad news.... She died of a heart attack right on the spot...true story....he died a few months later from cancer. Live, love, laugh and die , enjoy while you can, your American pie.

There are many ways to deal with loss. One method, tell yourself that when someone dies, they go to paradise. It is effective.

not much happy in life either..so...smell the flowers while you can.
Getting to float away into paradise and hang with all your loved ones sounds like a great exit strategy.

Damn today was a really sad day......I get a call from my daughter letting me know that one of my bro's from high school days posted on Facebook at midnight that he had lost his 20 year old son to the demons of drug addiction...He's left with a 2 year old grandson that he has been pretty much raising while hoping to get his son straightened out...just stinkin sucks..... Then I get the message this afternoon that my old neighbor who moved to Colorado was killed on his Harley yesterday..Cool cat was a drummer and computer geek. He and his wife were the epitome of bread n butter , a match made in heaven... Don't think I have ever known a couple that got along so well...truly in love with each other... Life is a never ending litany of happy sad and for all that I have to be happy and grateful for, today is a stinkin sad day...
Oh no. I am so sorry, brother TAE. I thank God every morning and every night I don't have to live like that anymore.

TAE, hope the sun shone a bit brighter for you this morning. Be thankful for the days we have, and those we get to share them with.

Finally Spoke with my Buddy yesterday..... Fentenyl was what got him..
Tragic.... left an 18 month old son behind. My friend is 66 and has full custody and responsibility for him.
Sad statistic I did not know...in 2022 Fentenyl is the #1 cause of death of males between the age of 20 and 40.
But let's focus on Covid and Monkey Pox...we're living in a screwed up world.

That's terrible news. Fentanyl... just being in the same room with it could kill you. One thing that seems illogical, to me anyway, is this stuff kills most of it's users.. so this doesn't seem to be good business sense - dealers killing off their customers, thus reducing demand.. I dunno.. unless the dealers are our own government(s) implementing some wacked out form of crime prevention.

My mom was on a Fentanyl transdermal patch for the last 12 months of her life. Even at the tiny amount that was administered, it was highly addictive. It was very easy to tell when the patch was used up. It lasted 3 days and only had micrograms of Fentanyl. By the third day, her pain was much worse, and her attitude was as well. Put on the new patch and she was ok again, well as fine as someone with severe degenerative bone disease can be.

I don't think the drug dealers really understand (or care) how powerful this stuff is, and are selling doses that are crudely measured. Take a hit or two and you're hooked. It's extremely easy to get a hot shot from a batch that wasn't mixed well, or was mixed too strongly. Plus, since it is entirely synthetic, you aren't depended on things like opium poppies or coca leaves. It can be made much the way meth is made in a lab. Most of the Fentanyl that is brought into the US is coming from our friends in China. They certainly don't care if we are killing ourselves.

My niece died from fentanyl. She had gotten off drugs, had a new job where everybody loved her, was doing well. Met a new boy "friend". I mean, she's responsible for herself....but they were both found a few days after death. I don't know, I guess it might have a legit purpose under a Dr's care, but what a demon drug.

Life, yeah. I'd say most of the guys I grew up with are now gone. Many, years ago, relatively young. My stepfather died about 2 months ago. Years of back problems, I think he just gave up. He provided my mother(and us) with a good life. She never had to worry about anything other than looking out for a loving home. Once he was gone she had a lot to figure out, banking, different investment accounts, what was paid through different accounts, etc. She's seeing some daylight on it and was going somewhere to sign some documents.....faceplanted right down on the sidewalk. Hit her head, skinned her face and knees, sprained her wrist. Had just gotten over COVID. She's alright, bit it's concerning. She's in good shape for her age, though it's still hard to wrap head around that she's 80 years old. Too often I find myself in that neck of the woods and fail to take the opportunity to stop by and see her, next time. If I'm not more careful one of these days I'll regret that.

Sorry about your friend, and those kids.

Too often I find myself in that neck of the woods and fail to take the opportunity to stop by and see her, next time. If I'm not more careful one of these days I'll regret that.

Sorry about your friend, and those kids.
Make sure you make the time to do that while you can...You have no idea how much she'll appreciate it while she's alive and menatlly capable of communicating with you ....That way when when she's gone...no regrets...no woulda, coulda, shoulda's.. The wife was really cool about letting me go take my Mom to dinner and or breakfast regularly and when she died it totally sucked but my slate was clean and she knew she was loved a ton.

Back