Licensing for songs(Regular and Exclusive)

basal

Hello, I am new to licensing and selling music. My question is with regards to giving the option to an interested buyer between a basic or exclusive license. So if you sell the song with a basic license to one buyer, can you later on have the option to sell the song as an exclusive license anymore? I imagine that you wouldn't be able to sell it as an exclusive license anymore but I'm just wondering how that situation would work (I'm using beatstars basic and exclusive options).
Thank you.

Shouldn't you be asking BeatStars? basic and exclusive licensing seems to be only relevant to their services.

DistroKid who I use get you to confirm that you will NOT submit your works to others, before they submit them. I don’t see how a non-exclusive system can work, as the outlets would get the same products with identical codes and it wrecks things. Basic packages without exclusivity not seem to offer reach and range of outlets. Spotify and YouTube for example hate multiple sources and YouTube I understand, block repeat irc codes which hits your exposure.

Shouldn't you be asking BeatStars? basic and exclusive licensing seems to be only relevant to their services.
I was able to find how to reach out to them. I'll see what their take is. I'm hoping it works similar for different websites.

DistroKid who I use get you to confirm that you will NOT submit your works to others, before they submit them. I don’t see how a non-exclusive system can work, as the outlets would get the same products with identical codes and it wrecks things. Basic packages without exclusivity not seem to offer reach and range of outlets. Spotify and YouTube for example hate multiple sources and YouTube I understand, block repeat irc codes which hits your exposure.
I should clarify that I'm mainly selling instrumentals for singers and rappers, so I could see a non-exclusive system where an artist is making a song for exposure and also save money by buying a basic license. The question would be, once a basic license is sold for a given instrumental, it doesn't seem like you would have the option to sell it exclusively (and for a higher price) anymore, right?

Back