lexicon soundcore 2

bhlewis

any opinions on the soundcore 2 card i was going buy one. but i hear there are alot of unhappy campers out there that dont like them. why?

I had one for about a week before I returned it. First of all, you only could hear anything from the inputs if an application (I use CEP) was open and in record mode. Second, the Lexicon guy said that it would work with winamp, and it didn't..It didn't work with any of my games.
And you can only go to 24bit/48000 khz.

These are the problem I experienced with it. Other people might not have.

I bought a Echo Gina right after and I'm glad I did. It records at 24bit/96000 khz, it works with everything and I can hear the inputs all the time...

Echo Gina

Hi,
I'm confused - I'm about to buy a soundcard for 24/96 recording, how many stereo tracks in Cubase would a Gina give me... sorry if this is a stupid question. I have a P2 300 with 128mb ram.

Number of tracks is somewhat unpredictable because it depends on many things -- the speed of the CPU, the speed of the frontside bus, the speed of the hard drive, the type of controller that communicates to the hard drive, the amount of RAM you have, the number of other things you are trying to do with the tracks (applying DirectX or VST plug-in effects, for example), how well optimized the entire system is for digital audio recording, and what sampling rate and bit depth you're recording at. Some of the "lite" software versions like Cakewalk Express might also have a limit on the number of tracks they'll support.

When my machine was a Pentium MMX 200 with 64 MB RAM, a 66 MHz FSB, and a 5400 rpm UDMA/33 drive, I could get about five 16-bit, 44.1 kHz tracks before I started having trouble. A P-II 300 would probably get you somewhat more than this... but like I said, an exact number is impossible to predict.

Back