Lexicon Omega recordings

vbibber

Hello there,

Since I'm seriously considering to buy the Lexicon Omega soundcard I would really like to hear some recordings made with this card. I've read some positive reviews, but they weren't very specific regarding the sound quality. The only way to find out is probably listening to some recordings made with the card. Already thanks for your help! Any other advice or user experience with this soundcard is very welcome of course!

greetings,
Vbibber

Bit of a dangerous question.

Hearing clips of stuff made with that interface will only give you an idea of it's sound quality relative to the million and one other variables that go into the makeup of sound quality in those recordings.

In other words they won't really give you any idea.

If it sounds good how will you know if it's the Omega that's making it sound good? How will you know how much of a contribution the Omega is making towards the quality of the sound? Same questions could be asked for a bad sounding recording. There's too much other stuff going on.

I haven't used one but I'd bet that under the right circumstances and in the right hands it would be capable of producing very respectable results.

Sorry to sound like an unhelpful asshole. :(

Kevin DeSchwazi said:
Bit of a dangerous question.

Hearing clips of stuff made with that interface will only give you an idea of it's sound quality relative to the million and one other variables that go into the makeup of sound quality in those recordings.

In other words they won't really give you any idea.

If it sounds good how will you know if it's the Omega that's making it sound good? How will you know how much of a contribution the Omega is making towards the quality of the sound? Same questions could be asked for a bad sounding recording. There's too much other stuff going on.

I haven't used one but I'd bet that under the right circumstances and in the right hands it would be capable of producing very respectable results.

Sorry to sound like an unhelpful asshole. :(

Absolutely true, but "only an idea of the quality" is better than "no idea at all" I'd say ;0). And if people are so kind to state what sort of mics they used I can take that information into account. I'd prefer a simple singer/songwriter style recording which only makes use of the pre-amps of the omega, but anything else is appreciated as well.

Kevin DeSchwazi said:
:(

While this is true, if he gets a good sounding clip at least he will know that the Omega is capable of providing a good sounding clip.

Click on my SpankSHED songs link in my Signature...there is a bass diddy there, I recorded on the Lexicon Omega. I am a lousy engineer and bass player though.... :eek: :D

omtayslick said:
While this is true, if he gets a good sounding clip at least he will know that the Omega is capable of providing a good sounding clip.
True but in this day and age pretty much all converters and mic pres are capable of decent results, I think we can take it as read that the Omega will be capable of producing decent recordings.

I've heard good recordings made with behringer mixers and soundblasters.

I think people get a bit hung up on 'quality' when buying gear, which is understandable; even the cheap stuff isn't cheap. But those prosumer interfaces are all going to be much of a muchness sound wise.

Back