Lexicon Omega Desktop Recording Sys

chaser1023

Lexicon Omega Desktop Recording Studio

First of all I got this system about a week ago. It's cool but not as
cool as I had wished. The included software is a cakewalk hybrid called Pro Tracks Plus. I'm a voice over artist interested in doing killer radio spots...concerts, car dealerships, etc. In short I have found that "COOL EDIT" is the software package I really want so I ordered it. So now I wait. With my monitors, condenser mics, boom stand, shock mounts, headphones and this Lexicon Omega System I don't really want. Question can I load in my Cool Edit software and still use the Lex/Omega mixer? In short I just want to replace the software? please ... ALL replies will be appreciated.

Last edited:
They have pretty extensive help files on there site. I would have checked for compatability before hand, but it may work..dont know...or give a shout to support.

LexiconOmegaDesktopRecording

I'm waiting to hear back from them as we speak...thanks for your input StealthTech.

Went to the Lexicon site...

but there was not indication of propriatary software with the Omega. I beleive that only Protools has propriatary hardware and software. So I would assume that one CAN use any compatible software with the OMEGA. CoolEdit is one of those DAWS that seems to work with everything except Protools hardware of course.

Lexicon Omega Rcording Studio

Thanks you guys for your input. Out of curiosity has anyone else tried this package or any of their products?

I wouldn't touch a Lexicon recording product after the Core 2. They have a habit of dropping the ball with support if the unit doesn't sell well.

AllOrNothinEnt said:
From what I understand, your stuck using ONLY the software included.

Hehe. Good grief. I am searching for some other information but I keep running across posts like this. :p Lexicon Omega is not bound to one software package. It can be used with Cooledit. They have help files on their site to help you configure everything.

Polaris20 said:
I wouldn't touch a Lexicon recording product after the Core 2. They have a habit of dropping the ball with support if the unit doesn't sell well.

I loved my core2 when I had it.

Back