Lexicon Alex

I used to have a couple. I liked them. pretty easy to use & adjust on the fly.
I used them for live, don't really know how noisy they'd be in a studio. Should be pretty cheap, seen 'em on ebay for around US$120

I used one in the studio for years... It made a fantastic "get me a good sounding verb and FAST" unit. Sort of "no frills" on the outside, but a fairly strong sounding unit on the inside. Especially for the bucks...

sorry but that alex was a pile!..we had a few of those for live stuff and were dreadful. Lexicon in name only. I dumped them for 2 Alesis microverbs and was thrilled. (that aint sayin much BTW)

I never used them in the studio as I was afraid to use something that crappy for critical recording!

good luck!

Bobalou said:
sorry but that alex was a pile!..we had a few of those for live stuff and were dreadful. Lexicon in name only. I dumped them for 2 Alesis microverbs and was thrilled. (that aint sayin much BTW)

I never used them in the studio as I was afraid to use something that crappy for critical recording!

good luck!

Them's fightin' words....... :D

Wow, strong words indeed. I have had both Alex's and Microverbs in the past. Of course neither of them are top notch. Also, the microverb offers more presets and frills. However, of course this is just my opinion, the Alex sounds much better. Sure its no Lexi 960, but there are probably parts on a 960's remote control that cost more than an Alex. I wouldn't necessarily pay more than $100 or so, but for $100 or less a Lexicon Alex is a very usable reverb.

The Alex and its MIDIfied cousin, the Reflex, both sound better than the newer Lexicon budget line. They were still making stuff in the USA back then rather than outsourcing to Taiwan.

I've owned the LXP-1 and the Alex and have used the MPX-110. The verbs are smoother and highs are more authentic in the Alex than the LXP-1 or MPX-110.

The early to mid 90's stuff was just about right for both Lexicon and Alesis. They seem to have lost something since then.

:cool:

Lexicon Alex repair

Sorry if this has been covered previously...anyone know of a repair shop that services the Lexicon Alex? Lexiconpro.com indicates that they do NOT service the units. Anyone have an idea where I might be able to get mine serviced? New York area.

Thanks.

Back