Level loss recording VTB-1 -> Delta

Toad Rush

I am having level loss between my VTB-1 and my Delta 44 when recording my amp(guitar).

I asked my friend about the level loss i was having in between my VTB-1 and my Delta 44 and he said that it was because the VTB-1 had consumer outs, and the delta 44 had pro ins. Can anyone confirm this?

Right now i have to go SM-58 -> VTB-1 -> PodXT -> Cooledit, because if i go SM-58 -> VTB-1 -> Delta 44 -> Cooledit i get a horrible level loss that i have to boost about 20db to be able to hear it and by that time it sounds like crap.

Normally i wouldn't have a problem with using my POD for this, but since i want to use it for effects, this workaround removes that option. Is there anything else i could do? Thanks.

Your friend is not correct. The VTB-1 has a variable output, and can accomodate just about any input. Have you just tried turning the output level up on the VTB-1?

Are you by any chance plugging the SM58 into the "HiZ" (1/4") line input in the front rather than using the "Mic In" (XLR) in the back? If so, that would explain your lack of any type of usable level.

I'll try cranking the output level later on, but i believe i tried that before and it was a no go. As for the input, i'm plugging it into the XLR input on the back.

If the Delta has a switch for +4, -10 make sure it is set to -10. Unless anyone can confirm the VTB runs at +4. DJL or Chessrock?

yay it worked!

can't believe i didn't think of that, doh! Thanks alot TexRoadkill and Looney, helped out a bunch :D.

Back