Level adjust during mixdown

Scooter D

How do you adjust levels of tracks during mixdown in CE Pro 2? Is there a way of having the level changes remembered by CE when they are made and then when the "mixdown to file" is done all of the various level changes occur?

Thaks for the help!

Right click on the far left side of the track that you want to change. It will bring up the track properties and you can ajust the volume and pan among other things. By doing it this way Cool Edit will remember your settings the next time you bring up the session.

Thanks for the reply, Scott. I tried what you said to do but it seems that CE only remembers the level that you leave the track at. I want to know how to do (if possible) a sort of "flying faders" thing where you have multiple level adjusts for each instrument throughout the song...and when you do a mixdown CE remembers and applies those varying levels to the final mix.

I hope I am explaining what I am looking to accomplish.

Thanks for the reply...

You need to use volume envelopes, while they will not make the faders move up and down, they will alter the playback levels for any tracks in which you have them enabled and adjusted.

You can also set envelopes for pan information, wet dry mix, ect.

read the help files, they help. :D

you can also split the tracks and treat them seperately with EQ and effects and then go back and re-join them into a single track when you are done........

Thanks very much for the help...that is exactly what I needed. I did look through the help files and nothing stood out at first... I just wasn't thinking the word "envelope" in regards to my particular need.

Now I can have fun with the panning as well and re-record the The Cars' "Moving in Stereo" !!! :)

Back