Let's start a Quest of MT-Masters from any commercial song (Boost your understanding)

First, you must learn the industry 'secret hand-shake'. And then you need to know who to use it on. You have to know how to be at the right place at the right time. Stand out in front of the Roxy Theatre on the 17th of September at exactly 10:21 PM. You will see a middle-aged man wearing a white suit standing across the street. Speak with him. He will teach you the 'secret hand-shake'. Good luck!!!

Notice: This post will self-destruct 10 seconds after it has been read by the thread starter.

Incanus said:
First, you must learn the industry 'secret hand-shake'. And then you need to know who to use it on. You have to know how to be at the right place at the right time. Stand out in front of the Roxy Theatre on the 17th of September at exactly 10:21 PM. You will see a middle-aged man wearing a white suit standing across the street. Speak with him. He will teach you the 'secret hand-shake'. Good luck!!!

Notice: This post will self-destruct 10 seconds after it has been read by the thread starter.

WHAT!!!!!! YOU SAY STAND????!!!!!!!

Shit.......

It has nothing to do with your English. Your English is fine...What you're saying is really God damned stupid in any language.

A note from Monkey's personal assistant:

Monkey is greatly concerned with this issue and is personally touched by your quest. A transcription of his comments follows. Please excuse the limitations of this textual conveyance regarding monkey-specific words and gestures. The transcription:

"Monkey secrets yes. Trolls bad. Bad! (wild gesturing, throwing feces) Trolls secret not monkeys. Bad, Bad! Secrets yes Big Monkey God. (eyes wide, gesturing) Monkey God will secrets good. Good secrets monkeys. Secrets go Monkey God find. Go. Go! Monkey God find go secrets yes. Monkey metal. (cooing, peels banana)."

I've found no shortage of information on audio production skills. And good gear is very inexpensive. It just takes a lot of study and practice. I'd suggest looking into the following:

Dave Moulton's Golden Ear Course
http://www.moultonlabs.com/gold.htm

Bruce Miller's currently running free online audio course
http://bruceamiller.us/b_main/audio_course.html

Newsgroup rec.audio.pro searched through Google's archive. More than you could ever need to know on every audio topic imaginable there.

The search function of this BBS on the toolbar above.

My challenge to you is this: Spend 40 hours studying each of the above knowledge sources and apply the ideas to your own audio work. Then return to tell us if you still feel the same way.

Tim

Rokket said:
The real secret is that it's all in the wrist...

Ahem.......the onanisation plugin is coming (so to speak) our way soon ;)

(By the way - how are you Rokket - long time no post swap, as they say in John Wayne movies)

Garry Sharp said:
Ahem.......the onanisation plugin is coming (so to speak) our way soon ;)

(By the way - how are you Rokket - long time no post swap, as they say in John Wayne movies)
Well hello Garry! How's the missus? :D

Garry Sharp said:
She's cool :) So's her voice on our new mic!

Anyway, better get off this thread of leading edge audio thinking....;)
Yep, we hijacked one of the finest thinking threads on the board... :rolleyes:

Oh, and I got to listen but didn't comment on the new mic thread. I was on pc speakers built into the monitor (about as big as laptop speakers), so it was too hard for me to comment fairly...

Whoa, there's a lot going on in this thread! I'll add my input...

Lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllamas!!!!!!
(The pic is an actual scene from my backyard)

Attachments

• Joe2.JPG
    Joe2.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 26
I feel obligated to ask

by the powers that be,

why in the seven hells

you have Lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllamas!!!!!! in your back yard? :D

SnakeDog5050 said:
Whoa, there's a lot going on in this thread! I'll add my input...

Lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllamas!!!!!!
(The pic is an actual scene from my backyard)

I see you haven't upgraded to Alpacas yet.

Back