Lets See Your Setup

chestwick91

So i am have been thinking latley...and i am using a roland vs 1880 and i am happy with it but its sorta a pain in the ass in some areas, ...i want to get more into computer recording and i am looking for a new setup i want to see some of yours. and here some advice on what is easy, what you like and what is handy....right now i do run mackie trackion out of my m-audio 24/96...there is a program that links the roland v-series to computer mixing...but it more $$$ the pro tools m- powerd...so let me see your studio and tell me what you think i should do

I need a new picture but have no camera. There have been some changes made. My system however is pretty much the same in that I track to an HD24, interfaced to computer through a MOTU 2408mkII. While I edit in the computer (Cakewalk9), I mix through the analog console using the HD24/MOTU like a 24 channel soundcard. For me, it's the best of both worlds in that I can use hardware compressors/processors and plugins at the same time. It works for me.
https://homerecording.com/bbs/attachment.php?attachmentid=10249

Dude! Your CD rack rules!!! Must have one. What's the bundle of cable hanging on the lower righ of the console?

Track Rat said:
I thank you sir. Those are patch cables for the patchbay.
I meant lower left but now I see it's cable storage. Reason I ask is I've been toying with the idea of having a set I/O XLRs patched into a new bay for people who bring their own racks in. Just for convenience. Thought maybe you were on that route. Did you make that CD rack?

My wife got it for me at a place that's now out of business called Miser's. They had all sorts of strange stuff like that. I can accomodate four channels of customer's preamps without repatching anything (although the occasion has never arose).

Back