Let's hear your songs using Roland XP/JV sounds

mawtangent

I just got this Idea...It might be especially interesting to a lot of the keyboard crowd (or maybe not, you let me know)...

Here it is...I have a few keyboards (Roland XP-50, Yamaha V50, Yamaha PSR-540)... I would like to hear what other people are doing with the keyboards that I am using, but even more so, I would like to hear songs made with other keyboards, especially the newer, cutting edge, ones that are discussed here.

I would like to pick one keyboard/sound module type to focus on at a time. I know there is a wide field that this could cover...some of you may use many different sound sources in a single song...and songs can be with vocals or straight instrumentals...I am open to hearing all kinds of configurations but I would like to be able to distinguish (by your discription) a specific sound/sounds made by a specific source...I hope that made sense...

I encourage others to start their own threads focusing on a specific model/sound engine type (and some commentary/history would be good also)

I will give it a try...here is a song sequenced on a Roland XP-50 using the stock sounds (no expansion boards)...I read somewhere (I think "Keyboard" magizine) that the XP-50 is just a JV-1080 with a sequencer and keyboard added...I assume that all the XP's use a similar "sound engine" (XP-10, XP-50, XP-80, XP-60, XP-30) and most can be expanded using Rolands wide variety of expansion boards.

The song is called "NightLights"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/kanthonymusic.htm

I assume that all the XP's use a similar "sound engine" (XP-10, XP-50, XP-80, XP-60, XP-30) and most can be expanded using Rolands wide variety of expansion boards.

The XP10 shares nothing in common with the rest of the JV/XP line of synths and cannot read sounds from them.

Back