Let's have a best cover of Hallelujah contest!

Rate this version

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sgia - nice take with the added dynamics from your playing taking the song into a different place - not far removed but far enough.

Greg - find the common ground. The most controvesial Spector album before the ramones EOTCentury was the one he did for Leonard Cohen - Death of A Ladies' Man.

Greg - find the common ground. The most controvesial Spector album before the ramones EOTCentury was the one he did for Leonard Cohen - Death of A Ladies' Man.

I don't know. I think I'm just gonna do it on the fly. I listened to a few versions. I have some ideas, but nothing spectacular.

I'm thinking of something kind of iggy pop - like. The Passenger with a hallelujah riff...

Dammit I hate to admit that this is a beautiful song. I haven't listened to any of yalls covers yet, but I will.

LOL! So when do we hear your version?
I did some scratch tracks with ez drummer just to see if it's something I wanna mess with. I think it's gonna be okay so I'll probably get on it next week maybe. I've got to finish some drums for another member in here and then I'll do this.

Which recording did you listen to, Greg?

I've listened to like 10-15 of them. I don't even know who's is what. The Rufus Wainright version is maybe the most basic. I like that one the best. It doesn't matter though, I'm doing it my own way.

Back