Let me know what you think about this cover

Man, I dig the vocals. I'm into metal myself, but that sounded pretty sweet. Cool rendition of a great Bill Withers song.

You're not a lead guitar player? Wow!

That lead sounds sweet to me.

Nicely balanced mix, made my little PC speakers sound good. :cool:

Vocal sits nicely on top of the mix and the guitars blend well together with
each other and the vocals.

Cracking stuff! :D

Marius

Hi Sage, Very nice job on this, and nice rendition! Everything sounds great: the only thing I noticed was the delay on the percussion, mostly noticable in the beginning, is a bit busy and distracts, but all in all, awesome man! Just remember dude, I am your biggest fan!

Rick Shepherd said:
Hi Sage, Very nice job on this, and nice rendition! Everything sounds great: the only thing I noticed was the delay on the percussion, mostly noticable in the beginning, is a bit busy and distracts, but all in all, awesome man! Just remember dude, I am your biggest fan!
Thanks Rick. I'll turn down the delay (and I'm thinking even the reverb) on the drums later.

I heard your version of Croce's "New York" over on the AGF. That new gear of yours sounds awesome! Not to mention a spot on performance.

Thanks again.

MariusV said:
You're not a lead guitar player? Wow!

That lead sounds sweet to me.

Nicely balanced mix, made my little PC speakers sound good. :cool:

Vocal sits nicely on top of the mix and the guitars blend well together with
each other and the vocals.

Cracking stuff! :D

Marius
Thanks for the compliment but I'm really not a lead player at all. I just made up a very easy lick for this song and tried to play as fast and as clean as I can. Have you the chance to listen to all the guitar talent around here? Makes my attempt sound so elementary.

I'm primarily a vocalist and even then there are at least 3 areas in this recording that I'd like to change. But I'm getting tired of this project and am on to the next.

FWIW, I took a personality test a few days ago and learned that one of my weaknesses is my tendency to focus on perfection. This explains why I've never been completely satisfied with any of my recordings - on the bright side, this has prevented me form quitting my day job.

Thanks again for listening, MariusV.

Back