Let 'er rip...

Outlaws

Took a break from recording, sold everything I own but a guitar. Started up again a couple weeks ago. I don't even own monitors, just good headphones.

Drums are not recorded by me, they are heavily chopped up and edited though. I guess I can't ask for opinions on the full mix because of that, but the rest of the mix is up for discussion.

Guitars are mic'd.
I don't own a bass yet.

Don't hold back.

The Sun Rises Again

Univalve w/12ax7's and a 1940's RCA 6g6 -> speaker of a Marshall SS combo -> e609 -> AudioFire4 -> Reaper

EDIT:
The Sun Rises Again

Did a bit of remixing. Lowered the drums a bit and used a limiter on the peaks a little, then compressed a bit more. Then compressed the whole mix a little bit and then normalized it. The wavforms as a whole are a lot taller now. I am not used to being able to see my music.

Last edited:
Overall volume is too low. Drums are too loud (snare). Guitar too much reverb and too low. Cool tune but needs more work on the mix....:cool:

I think this sounds really pretty cool so far. There isn't a ton of stuff going on yet, but I like what you have. There is the same groove going for the 1st half (I actually like the drum sound here, but that was not what you asked about :)) and then it gets super mellow for a bit (tremolo-fest) which is cool, then there are a bunch of changes that, while cool, don't all flow together necessarily. The drums get really busy at times here as well.

I really like the natural guitar sounds, but would love to hear more elements added to fill it up a bit.

Back