lefty dilemna

johnnynoony

I'm looking into getting my first telecaster- it'a an American Standard with deltatone pickups, etc for 640 w/hard case. My dilemna is I won't have the opportunity to play it before I buy it seeing that a lefty usually doesn't have a lot of opportunities in this department. My question for advice is should I wait to buy the American deluxe or Deluxe telecasters in order to assure that I'm not wasting my money and does anyone know if the hardware between these models is vastly different to support an extra 600 dollars? The deluxe has noiseless pickups and a fishman bridge. I hate being lefty! Cripes!!!

I talked with a lefty friend today who bought an Epiphone Joe Pass archtop for a little over $700, swapped the pickups and carved an ebony tailpiece. Turned it into a very powerful guitar for under a thou.

----------------
Besides, the laminated back has a killer curl to it...:cool:

a right handed strat turned upside down looks cool...thats probably what i would do if i was a lefty....besides looking good you have the whammy bar on the top side of the tail piece....its very easy to work the tremelo while your playing if you don't have to reach down to grab it....you've got the tone and volume knobs...the pickup selecter switch...and the tremelo bar all right there on top.

you have to reach down for nothing

Thanks for the suggestions but I already have a 78 strat. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth the wait to get a deluxe telecaster(w fender/fishman bridge) instead of the standard(with deltatone pickups, etc.) although I could buy a standard right nowfor 640 w/hard case. That's what my whole dilemna is- I want a telecaster I'm just trying to figure out if the deluxe is worth the wait. Thanks for you help.

as a reformed lefty, i feel your pain.

i play either way, but i can only sing and play when i play lefty.

i went with the standard strat (not tele) instead of the deluxe because i just didn't hear alot of difference between the two. i can not however say if that applies to the tele as well.

Thanks for the advice- I think I'll go with the standard seeing that I don't know when I'll get the chance again- damn I hate getting a guitar though without being able to play it first but that is the cursed life when you play with the devil's hand. Thanks again guys- much appreciated.

I'm a lefty player, at first i played right hand axes upside down.
Is very hard to find the specific axe that you want but you can...
the other option is to order a signature axe,,maybe a few more bucks but hey!!! is your axe!

good luck

johnnynoony said:
Thanks for the advice- I think I'll go with the standard seeing that I don't know when I'll get the chance again- damn I hate getting a guitar though without being able to play it first but that is the cursed life when you play with the devil's hand. Thanks again guys- much appreciated.

Back