Led Zeppelin Reggae Style

the only thing that sounds reggae in that song is the vocals. the drums might be close but its too fast.

danny

Yeah Its Just a canned reggae beat from a pandora phrase trainer. Probably not a true reggae beat but still fun

Yeah very fast for reggae

Peace
Bill

ahh i see. its just hard to change reggae too much because its a very cultural music besides the famous bob marley. You were doing a little too much with the guitars for one thing. Reggae is just a nice relaxed upbeat with the guitar with a couple of things here and there. One of the big things about reggae is space.

But i guess if it was from a can i understand :). But really what would have improved the reggae sound some more and its not to late to do is to put in the upbeat guitar. Might be a little fun :).

danny

Darnold, Well this wasnt supposed to get posted but I was playing around with the acoustic today and it just grew into something I thought was wierd enough to pursue and put together. Certainly not a ledzep beat in there but the arp-ed chords are pure Zep. Kinda got a nice sound < I thought :)

Actually sounds better just to jam over with no vox and work on some lead phrasing which Im in need of right now.
more of a smooth Jazz sound with out of the ordinary beat

Just for the fun of it Is the key here

Guess I need To get out more :D

Thanks for the listen
Peace
Bill

tee hee, yup, I can tell... You been in that damned toothache medicine again :)
this was fun, I dug it fer real hoss.. :)

Guernica,Do they sound like reggae? Well I never heard of such a thing, Yup, I do need to get out more! LOL

Guess Ill have to add a little Elvis to this:D

Peace
Bill

Hey dubya:)
Cool stuff man! I like stuff like this.... nice twist indeed.

If you like this kinda thing, you will love Dread Zep. I didnt know they were still around. Im gonna have to check out that link that Krakit put up. I saw them a couple of times in the very early 90's. And yeah, FULLY reggae versions of zep tunes sung by Elvis. All the lyrics, etc. were zep........ just sung by elvis...... Reggae style.......... AWSOME!!!

One of the most entertaining bands i ever saw!

Anyways, this was cool man. Nice, relaxed........ makes me wanna fire one up:)

g

Guernica, Im glad you enjoyed it. Though it was probably more fun to make than to listen to:) I just wish I could have found a cool wig to inspire me. Yeah, your right, I should have put a "we be smokin" line in there :D

I am leaning towards doing some lighthearted stuff like this now and then to break up the endless battle with trying to get some of the stuff Ive written over the years done the way I want them to sound.

Im gonna look for that Dread Zep cause Id really like to hear some. Surely theres some of it posted somewhere.

Peace
Bill

This was down on page 4, (probably much higher than it belongs) so I thought Id give this one more time through for any who missed it before it fades into oblivion. Who knows , crazy junk like this may encourage someone who is intimidated about sharing their stuff to post it. I dont know why but my wife keeps saying she really likes it a bunch. Then again she likes it when I make an ass of myself.

bump

pulls hook out of mouth...

Good fun man-Decent acoustic tones and nice soloing. I like that groove, reminds me of the Police not Zeppelin!!

Hey who is the picture of in your avatar thing?

I think I've only done 1 "fun" thing in all my years of recording-a laugh track-with my old roomate telling jokes with 4 tracks of laughing recorded at different speeds hehe-Sounds like you had a good time with this for sure.

Back