Lawn fertilizing

Dumby

Bummed Spammer
What is the reccomended blend for the fall season that I can use to treat and help beautify my lawn for next spring?

What is the reccomended blend for the fall season that I can use to treat and help beautify my lawn for next spring?

Most places actually have winter fertilizers that are slow release....I don't kno wthe compositions, and my wife's not here right now. I'll aks her when she gets home.

My wife says winterizing fertilizers have more potassium...summer ones are generally more nitrogen. Just look for one that is designed for winterizing...the lawn can only use so much potassium.

Some say the need for higher potassium levels is dependent on the type of grass; whether it is a warm-season grass or cool-season grass. Look at the N-P-K ratios. Scotts and others still include a higher K ratio in their "winterizer" fertilizers. Others say it doesn't really matter if you apply higher K in winter preparation as long as there is enough applied throughout the whole year. I really think it is the lawn faeries that make the difference. If they like you, your lawn will be healthy! :D

Thanks, I'm gonna get on that this weekend...the old turd next door has a really nice lawn, makes mine look mediocre...which makes me the lesser man.

Thanks, I'm gonna get on that this weekend...the old turd next door has a really nice lawn, makes mine look mediocre...which makes me the lesser man.

You may be the lesser man, but remember....umm....well.....he's gonna steal your chicks also. Sorry dude...:D

You may be the lesser man, but remember....umm....well.....he's gonna steal your chicks also. Sorry dude...:D

You're right, I should watch out for him, single, commercial airline pilot, wrinkly 55year old balls...

Back