LAVA LAMPS....Where?

DREAMLABS

Seeing that Lava Lamps appear to be MANDATORY equipment/accessories in today's home studios, where can I get one on line? And where did you get yours?

wow, a lot of my early recordings have fish tank noise in the background. i totally forgot about that. god that thing was awful/loud.

treymonfauntre said:
wow, a lot of my early recordings have fish tank noise in the background. i totally forgot about that. god that thing was awful/loud.

My aging angelfish are starting to get twitchy . . . even if I turn off the filters, I could get fish swimming noises :eek:

a friend gifted me with one for Christmas that came from Wal-Mart its not a fancy one but it is warm and smooth as a good lava lamp should be, so my mixes are better for having that warm layer over top of everything.

I wonder if anybody has ever stuck an anode and cathode in a lava lamp and tried to run audio through it? I'd give it a shot, but Behringer would just take my design :(

i want to know why Guitar Center does not carry Lava Lamps!

after all they clame to be the "one stop shop" for all audio needs :mad: of course they would not have a full line of them and they would not know what color is needed for what kind of music you make but... :mad:

guess i will buy my next one at wal-mart or somethin :rolleyes:

DREAMLABS said:
Seeing that Lava Lamps appear to be MANDATORY equipment/accessories in today's home studios, where can I get one on line? And where did you get yours?
man just go to wal-mart

Just remember to turn them off when not using them.

I must have half a dozen here - ALL of which colors have faded out to nothing - or that have stratifed, never to homogenize again.

These were all the cheap wallmart versions...there must be a GOOD QUALITY lava lamp out there somewhere (like maybe a VINTAGE lava lamp - they dont make them like they used to).

Back