Latest version of Pop-Rock original: Afterwords. Your feedback is awesome!

Dicus

Enthusiastic Member
Hey guys,

Here is the latest version in which I tried to use all your feedback. Especially the drums did improve much, parallel compression worked incredibly well, also on the bass which got much tighter.
I also compressed the vocals some more and did a little autotune/manial tuning to it. The compression improved the vocals a lot, making them still punchier and more up front. But I had to de-es them afterwords because the -s and -f's got really annoying, anyway to compress the vocals without making s's more prominent?

Some more feedback would be again very much appreciated. I would really like to get better at this!

https://soundcloud.com/hoc-studio-est/demo_afterwordsv2 (uploaded it with a private link, after I inserted your last feedback I'll repost it on my bands soundcloud page)

(I also posted it in the original post but I guess that one is a bit to burried away to get any feedback)

Listening on headphones, vocals could be notched up overall (not much, just some nudging). Overall on HPs, the mix sounds good.

I like the level of the bass. I'm not crazy about the ambiance on the drums, causes them to recede into the background a bit. Good song, playing, and singing.

I'll notch up the vocals.

@Robus yeah, parallel compression improved the clearness of the bass big time, so I could get it nice in the mix.
What would you change about the ambiance on the drums? I gave the drums the same reverb the rest of the mix has, only a bit more of it (using a buss). And I gave the snare a bit more reverb I thought that would be nice. Would you change the overall ambiance of the drums or only that of the snare.

It is possible that the overheads have some room-ambiance that stacks with the reverb, maybe that causes it to recede.

All feedback is appreciated, I change stuff every day I listen to it again but it is hard to keep hearing new stuff, you all listen to it fresh.

Back