latency

xparkerx

I'm having trouble with my recordings just a little bit.

Seems that after i record maybe 5 or 6 tracks, any additional tracks i record after that become about 1/4 of a second behind where they are susposed to be.. and i have to move them by hand. Wish isn't always totally accurate and really annoying. I'm looking ot resolve this problem since rebooting all the time is so time consuming.

I have a 1.8Ghz P4 with 768 megs of ram.
and echo mona interface
using nuendo 1.6

i'd love to hear any ideas.

You might need to allocate more memory to Nuendo. I have roughly the same stats but on a Mac and am running ProTools. I was having problems too until I kicked the buffer up. I can't run anything other than ProTools, but it's smooth now. You've got plenty of ram (could always use more, but that will run it fine) and the processor should also be able to handle it.

Actually, what speed is your hard drive? If it's not at least 7200 rpms then I would say that's your problem.

D:

Good call on the drive i'll have to check. How do i directly allocate memory to nuendo alone? seems like a great idea.

jay.

There should be a setting somewhere in the options. I'm not familiar with Nuendo but in ProTools there's a hardware settings area where you can change it. I'm sure it would be similar in Nuendo.

Back