Latency Issues With Adobe Audition 3

ClarkKent

I'm using an EMU 0404 soundcard. My setup goes like this:

EMU 0404 > Presonus TubePre > Rode NTK

Now the problem is whenever I want to actively monitor my vocals (hear what I'm recording in the headphones as I am recording) there is always a delay.
I have adjust the latency in the options (cant remember the name of the path specifically) but it wont go lower than 512 I think.

Any help here??

And forgive me for not having exact information. My computer just crashed and I am in the process of getting it sorted out again. Thanks guys!

I'm just guessing, but it sounds like you may be monitoring through AA instead of through the soundcard?
Well im not exactly sure of what you mean but I have my studio monitors plugged directly into the soundcard in the outs with the TubePre plugged into the ins. Which means there is no way for me to plug the headphones directly into the soundcard.
If thats not what you mean, could you explain? If you mean monitoring through Patchmix then I'm gonna need some help on that because Patchmix is beyond me lol.

(and yeah I am sort of a newb when it comes to setting it all up. once I get setup though I am usually good).

Download an asio driver ASIO4ALL - Universal ASIO Driver[/url] That should get things working great

Ill give this a try and let you know how it works. Thanks a ton for the help though, regardless!

I'm just guessing, but it sounds like you may be monitoring through AA instead of through the soundcard?

Bump. Chris can you give me any more help? I remember reading that emu 0404 isnt really supposed to be used with audition. Does that mean that im just out of luck?

Lowering Latency on mp3 Track

I was wondering how do I lower the latency on my mp3 track so it will not be an echo after I remove the vocals?

Back