Latency Issue please help!

JerLinde

Hi guys new here but really need help!

New to home recording and my problem is when I record guitar and then record my drums there is significant latency between the 2 tracks.

I would love to get this figured out as my recording is completely useless with this problem.

My setup consists of - 2014 iMac - US-122MKII audio interface and yamaha DTX500 drums - Trying to record with GarageBand

Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks!!!!

Are you using ASIO Drivers with your interface? Check your settings in Garageband.

What are your Audio Buffer Setting like? The general rule is have them low for recording. 64/128/256 and then raise them when you need to for mixing.

I know not of macs and therefore not GB but what is described is not a "latency" issue as we mostly understand the term. I would prefer to call it a timing problem?

In Cubase (which should be bundled with the 122 IIRC?) there is a selection choice of "Use System Timestamp" or not. I don't know about Cubase or GB but in Samplitude there is an option to change the "write" function relative to an existing track plus you can slide tracks around to get sample accurate sync.

Also investigate "MIDI timing".

Dave.

Back