Last Kiss cover!

Bisson820

Hey guys! critique me!

funny story about the bass... my primary bass wasnt around... my backup bass is taken apart ... so i dug out this old nasty hollowbody bass guitar... low and behold... the plug didnt work... so i mic'd the body of the bass with my shure sm7b and it actually came out pretty cool!!!

whats your opinion?

At first look at the title, I thought you meant the band Kiss. Then I heard it and it's just a cover of the Pearl Jam version. The singer even tried the goat-like off-pitch tremble of Eddie Vedder. Pretty cheesy. I'd rather hear it more true to the original, or a completely new twist on it. But anyway...

The mix aint bad. I don't like the roominess of the kit. It stands in pretty stark contrast to the rest of the instrumentation, and that bugs me. It's just personal preference. I'd also suggest bringing the drums down some. I like loud drums, but this is too much. It's also a little thin in the low end to me. Lacks fullness and body. Maybe it's the weird bass. Good performances though, ecxept for the singing.

Mix works fine. Drums are a little loud in comparison to the rest. I'd also bring up the guitars some, it seems the bass and drums are dominating.

haha I also thought it was KISS cover...bummer.

At first look at the title, I thought you meant the band Kiss. Then I heard it and it's just a cover of the Pearl Jam version. The singer even tried the goat-like off-pitch tremble of Eddie Vedder. Pretty cheesy. I'd rather hear it more true to the original, or a completely new twist on it. But anyway...

The mix aint bad. I don't like the roominess of the kit. It stands in pretty stark contrast to the rest of the instrumentation, and that bugs me. It's just personal preference. I'd also suggest bringing the drums down some. I like loud drums, but this is too much. It's also a little thin in the low end to me. Lacks fullness and body. Maybe it's the weird bass. Good performances though, ecxept for the singing.

haha sorry about the Kiss thing... but i would never cover a kiss song :P

as far as the singing goes... did the whole thing twice all the way through and im on medication to clear up my bronchitis... but i know.. thats ALWAYS the excuse right? haha.

the first time i didnt do the vibrato and it really lacked... so i tried it with it and my soar throat was throbbing so i said fuck it and let it go. the singing is the only thing i want to redo hence the "draft" i have after it... the rest of it im somewhat happy with.

thanks for listening... i dont know where i was out of key tho

Mix works fine. Drums are a little loud in comparison to the rest. I'd also bring up the guitars some, it seems the bass and drums are dominating.

haha I also thought it was KISS cover...bummer.
Would be nice to hear more of the other instruments besides the drums and bass guitar.

Back