Last Chance remixed

It sounds pretty heavily compressed to me, epecially on the high end. That's not necessarily bad for this style, but I feel like I hear some pumping, and I'd like to hear this with some more breathing room.

Interesting vocal ambience, by the way. I like it.

Chris

Can't really comment on the compression as I'm a newb at that stuff myself.

I thought the song was good though. Like the guitars. The vocals sounded a bit flat in parts, but your voice is good. Reminded me a bit of AIC

Groucho: I agree its a bit too compressed. Its hard to tell after listening to the song to loud and I know I shouldnt. Ive been experimenting and I will lessen the High end compression first to see if that will help. Thanks for the listen
Bulls Hit: I have some songs that remind me of AIC. I just dont hear it in this song. Thanks for the listen.
Myx

Cool song.

It's all rhythm guitar though. The drums sound a bit distant for this. Cool guitar ideas. I'd back off the compression a bit and let those guitars bite a bit more.

Sluice: I have remixed this and lessoned the compression and remixed some of the gtr. I wrote this song simple so I could play gtr and sing live. Its in drop D and I really restrained myself in the solo department. Ive only been singing for about a year and a half now. Its still hard to sing and play at the same time for me.
Thanks for the listen.
Myx

SLuiCe said:
Cool song.
It's all rhythm guitar though.

I didn't mean this in terms of composition...I meant the mix.

Just listened again. Still sounds like the drums and vocals need to come up. The guitars might be panned too wide, but I think it's just an illusion caused by the low mix of drums and vocals. See if others agree before you do too much!

I don't seem to mind lots of compression as most people. This didn't sound bad to me. Makes for a good and loud mix. Good thick sounding guitars. Lots of layers of them, which sounded cool. Good guitar parts to - I liked that quite a bit.

Interesting vocal sound.

The vocals were a bit far back though. I couldn't understand much of them. They're getting covered up by the guitars. The guitars are dominating everything. A little pitchiness in them around 2:20-2:22 possibly?

Little pop at 2:30. I don't think you let the last chord of the song decay comletely.

Sluice: I Appreciate the ears and understand what you are saying. You know how it is after a while on yur own songs. You just cant hear problems with the mix. I will mess around with it and just have some fun with it. I agree the gtrs are to in your face. Thanks for the listen

Triple M: You got some seriously good ears. Mine are to damaged to hear the pop at 2:30 and I listened hard but compression always brings em out. Glad you liked the song and yes my vocals are never right one way or the other...
Thanks for the listen

Myx

Hey Myx – I downloaded a couple days ago and just now listening on cans at work due to some technical difficulties yesterday.

Sounds like a pretty cool song. I will jump on the too compressed bandwagon. Plus, I’m not really getting good definition of the bass (could be the phones?). It sounds all jumbled in with the guitar.

Sounds like you have a decent voice for this, just needs a little work keeping pitch. The sound of it is good though.

Nice work

Good capture of the essence of je ne sais qoi? c'est l'metal densite

Yeah no probs with the writing here but i'm getting a woofiness in the lows to low-mids. It's just saturated in those frequencies. The leads sound nice and bright though im liking the tone. A rebalanced mix with have this much stronger.

Jagular, It is too compressed. I used the same compression that FM stations use-lol. I went back to the original and forgot how many rhy gtr tracks there were. I counted 5. way too much. The bass track was also weak and I compressed it but will probably just redo it. I couldnt hear how much the gtrs were taking up the whole mix until It was pointed out to me.
Thanks for the listen

Khompewtur, I suppose I captured the Metal sound , but wasn't really trying to , seeing that the song was in Drop D. I guess you could call it grunge Metal? I have broke down and went back to remix this one and redo some of the solo's and Bass, and cut out a few rhy gtr tracks. Thanks for the listen.
Myx

nice guitar layers! excessive and cool.. I agree about the low end situation, and the drum samples sound extra machiney like an earlier drum machine.. good tune though.. the vocals are better on this one.. still off in a few spots but definitely better..

Ahh.. well i don't really like to pigeonhole music i never use the right descriptions myself, but on your nowhere page the song is listed as "metal"

Back