Last All Night, what do you think?

StudioHermit

Complete Amatuer
Hey Guys, I put this together a while back, just wondering if I could get some feedback on it. And please be as brutal as you need to. My recording techniques have improved, so maybe I just need to start over with it. I also know its got a ways to go. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 77870

Ok the mix has no clarity. It's muddy. You need more in the 4K to 2k frequency range. The vocal has way too much reverb. The bass guitar is barely audible. The kick drum has no depth and punch ...actually the whole drum set sounds small except the crash cymbal ...it's too loud. Now the guitar with the phase shift or flange effect sounds really good. The distortion rythum guitar not so good because of the lack of definition and muddiness.

You said you wanted brutality.
All that being said I have recorded tunes that had worse engineering and mixing that this. I learned a lot and can do better now and I bet you can too.

Ok the mix has no clarity. It's muddy. You need more in the 4K to 2k frequency range. The vocal has way too much reverb. The bass guitar is barely audible. The kick drum has no depth and punch ...actually the whole drum set sounds small except the crash cymbal ...it's too loud. Now the guitar with the phase shift or flange effect sounds really good. The distortion rythum guitar not so good because of the lack of definition and muddiness.

You said you wanted brutality.
All that being said I have recorded tunes that had worse engineering and mixing that this. I learned a lot and can do better now and I bet you can too.

Thanks, that is what I was looking for, really. Sounds, like I'm gonna scrap most of it and start over. As I said, put it together a while ago, and have learned alot since, but always will be.
Thanks again

Back