laptop in car for mixing?

ha ha ha ha yeah make sure you are driving,because the outside noise plays a big role in mixing the song right.After all we move while listening.Oh yeah and dont forget wheelmate desk ...... while driving ofcorse otherwise its not fun............to look at :D

Garik said:
ha ha ha ha yeah make sure you are driving,because the outside noise plays a big role in mixing the song right.After all we move while listening.Oh yeah and dont forget wheelmate desk ...... while driving ofcorse otherwise its not fun............to look at :D

wouldn't make a difference 200 sq ft of sound deadener and 2 gallons of liquid deadener, along with misc sound dampening material, makes a pretty dam quiet car as long as the windows are up -you don't hear much of a difference

Dumby said:
Yoo gats no trax on yo soundclick link :confused:

thanks for looking, must mean you were curious? I was suppose to release my double disc debut album this summer (now) but unfortunately my father died last novemeber... since then I've had a major delay in my output, however I should still complete the albums by christmas (I'm hoping)

I've done it, it doesn't work very well. I borrowed a friends laptop for a road trip, good way to kill time and piss your friends off. I was just making beats, no recording. I didn't expect much, more to just kill time, and they weren't as bad as i thought at all. Like you, i've invested a decent amount it my car. But what did work for me is using my car to check my mixes. It's way more convient than burning cd's because you can make the adjustments right there, go back to your moniters and check it out. Just make sure to give yourself some time for your ears to adjust before you start again. I found i got a more defined lowend. But i have a small, untreated room as well. It's simple to do if you have a laptop, just get an aux adapter for your headunit.

For awhile i even had a mixer in my car. One of those little behringer euroracks. Great for extra aux ins. Plus you can load up beats on your mp3 player, grab a dynamic, and let your friends freestyle while getting a bit to eat between songs. Nothing is better than live music while you drive, just don't hold the mic yourself. Plus it's great when the people next to you are actually listening and your friend in the back seats starts freestyle about them. Just make sure your windows are tinted, it will thoroughly confuse them :D

Sorry, long pointless post.

Back