Laptop Audio interface? Indigo? Edirol USB 2.0?

tcdave

I just bought a Toshiba Tecra A1 Laptop for music and for DJing and wanted to throw this questions out to you HR cakewalk guys and gals.......

What is the best soundcard for a laptop?

I am thinking about the ECHO Indigo DJ http://www.echoaudio.com because Cakewalk recommended it to me. But they also recommeded the TASCAM US-428 which SUCKED for me. It will be a dual porpose soundcard, recording and DJing. I use Sonar 3.0 Producer exclusively for recording and PCDJ Red for DJing.

Do you think I should get the Indigo? The good thing about the Indigo is that it is NOT USB, its PCMCIA so my USB ports will be available for MIDI contoller keyboards and DJ software controllers. Also the Indigo has (2) Stereo Channels output, one for music the other for Headphones. How about that new rackmountable Edirol USB 2.0 Audio interface? It doesnt seem that portable.

Thanks!

tcdave

Tecra A1 is:
P4M, 2.2 ghz, 512 MB DDR RAM, 400 FSB, Win XP Pro, DVD/CDRW, (2) USB 2.0 ports, wireless hi speed internet (WiFi, very cool and works well)

M-audio

I cant even consider usb 1.0 interfaces, Latency......

tcdave

PS - tommarrow (weds) I am going to buy somethin'...... still thinking......

What'd ya get? I have a Layla from Echo Audio, and I would buy another of their products in a second. I think the Indigo I/O is the one I'd have bought if they made them when I decided to get a decent sound card. But, I'm no dj, and I need audio ins more than a couple of outs. I am very happy now, though., cause I got 8 of each!!!!

But,

what'd ya get?

I hope you did get that Indigo...I think you'll be happy with it, honestly.

what I got was nada

When I went to Guitar Center, they usually give me some discount off of the "street" price. They didnt give my anything because the guy I usually deal with is gone and they got alot of new staff that doesnt know my "Guitar Center Buying History". I am no new GC buyer by any means and since they didnt even give me a discount, I didnt buy anything. Im not spending $699 (street price) for it, they have to do better.

I am going to the NAMM show in CA and I going right to the ECHO booth, talk to the rep and see if I can get a LAYLA for about $500.

well, see

tcdave

PS - It has to run Sonar and PCDJ together without any problems.

Back