Lancaster THR Stereo Tube Line Level Preamp w/Jensen input TXFMRs

chess999

Hello,
I'm selling a new product on ebay that I helped design with famous Peoria IL amp tech Dave Lancaster. For now I want to see where the demand might be for this product in the recording studio market. I've rarely run across another quite like it and it's been perfect for my studio use. Also for the quality of build and components, the price is very fair. I've seen many people looking for a good mix glue and I believe this to be another great solution for analog enthusiasts.
It's great for line level make up gain where you want to add or restore some extra analog richness to your sound. Tubes and Trannies all the way.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Lancaster-THR-Line-Level-Stereo-Tube-Preamp-w-Txfmrs-/290433388182?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439f2dce96

Regards,
Dan

Tubes are nice. Looks like a nice unit. One thing I would change in your description is the slam on "starved tube" (starved-plate) design. Starved-plate is simply another way to use tubes in an audio circuit and can be very effective.

Don’t confuse cheap outsourced Chinese junk with starved-plate. That’s not the reason many of these cheap devices are junk.

The informed buyer wants to know how well your product holds up against other high voltage designs, as well as good starved-plate designs. :)

I might post this in the rack section. We analog cavepeople enjoy tubes, but those poor misguided digital creatures need Lancaster stuff for summing and mastering and all that junk.

On a side note, I've known Dave for a long time. I have a pile of Lancaster pieces in my studio and I use a Lancaster Leedis 30 on stage. He makes good stuff.

scott/cavetone

Back