lagging audio tracks

stonemartin

OCD Podcaster
Sonar 2.0 -

I recently upgraded my sound card to a Soundblaster Live! Platinum 5.1 because my crappy onboard soundcard wouldn't do anything with Midi. Now whenever I record audio it lags behind the real playing. In other words, I can play my guitar and hear it, but it's coming out of the speakers (and being recorded) about a half second behind the real thing. I've never had this problem before. I downloaded the most up to date drivers and ran the wave profiler, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Thoughts?

Any help is much appreciated.

Sorry,but soundlaster is not really an "upgrade"
I'm not aware of anyone who's getting good latency out of SB.Most people around here use them strictly for their soundfont capabilities.

You either need to disable Input Monitoring, or find a way to get your latency down to 5 ms or lower (don't know if this is possible with an SB Live).

I have heard that the KX drivers for the SB Live support WDM mode. If you got a decent CPU and memory, this could work for you. However, I'm only giving you hearsay. I have no direct experience with them.

dachay2tnr said:
You either need to disable Input Monitoring, or find a way to get your latency down to 5 ms or lower (don't know if this is possible with an SB Live).

I have heard that the KX drivers for the SB Live support WDM mode. If you got a decent CPU and memory, this could work for you. However, I'm only giving you hearsay. I have no direct experience with them.

Crap.
CPU - Celeron 2.1 GHz
Memory - 384 MB

Don't mean to sound like a stupidass (I'm a musician, not necessarily a computer guy), but where could I find the KX drivers? Also, how do I reduce the latency?

Even the onboard soundcard didn't give me this problem.
Mostly, I bought the SB because it included the breakout box with the stereo inputs, etc., soundfonts, plus I got it cheap from a friend.

Thanks.

stonemartin said:
Don't mean to sound like a stupidass (I'm a musician, not necessarily a computer guy), but where could I find the KX drivers? Also, how do I reduce the latency?

kX-drivers: http://www.kxproject.spb.ru/
Reduce latency: In Sonar, go to Options -> Audio and use that latency slider.

:)

Back