Lag------>Lag----->lag

Rassizzm

I have an Amd K63 400 and a sound blaster live and 64megs of ram I was wanting to know if I change to a cpu something like a P3 500-600 will the lag go away

What kind of lag? n-Track will display the lag by the clock, and there's a setting in "Preferences" to offset this value.

If that doesn't work, then I'd make sure that your soundblaster drivers are installed correctly and are up to date. Creative's drivers can become a bloated mess very easily.

Yes, an upgrade to a PII/PIII will help most likely. The K6-3 processor is not well suited to recording applications. However, you'll need to upgrade both your CPU and motherboard.

Also, you didn't mention your hard drive. A slow hard drive will certainly rain on your parade.

Finally, 64MB of memory isn't much, get more :)

Slackmaster 2000

The kind of lab I'm getting is when I do my vocal tracks they dont sync up with the music its either to fast or to slow so what I did was got a small metronome thing and set it with the bpm with the music and recorded it to another track and it does not sync up....broke

computer specs
14 gigs of space

well I just went out and bought a new cpu memory and board
PIII 733
128 Megs of ram
and a new kick ass mother board

will the lag stop now ????

haha
oh, i'm sorry to tell you this... but...
recording a song in 48Khz on the SBLive is the only way to go.
It says that right in the help files all over the place: since the SBLive internally converts to 48Khz anyway, then it will add quite a bit of lag if you're recording at anything other than 48Khz.
START YOUR RECORDING ALL OVER AGAIN AT 48KHZ, AND THE LAG WILL GO AWAY.
That's about all.

Oh yes, and don't use the DS drivers. MME seem to work better, although DS should theoretically have lower lag, for some reason it says it's emulated on my SBLive...

Back